Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Movie Madness / Final Destination

I can't believe it is already middle of September. Time goes by so quick! That is why I was thinking about Halloween and what I will dress up as this year because I have a Halloween party to go to. I have an idea for it but you will have to wait and see a little bit longer. In the mean while, you could check out this horror movie that in my opinion is the scariest movie till to this day. The Final Destination.

I saw it first time back in 2000 when it was first released in theaters in US. It was scary! After the movie I was driving home with couple of my girlfriends and we were totally freaked out. It was a dark night plus it was raining and thundering. We had to drive over some train tracks like in the movie. Our imaginations were running wild! We made it home safely but still the movie was in my mind for days.



The movie is done very well. Acting can be a bit cheesy but it has this eerie suspense about every day life and its' dangers. For example; getting killed in your bathroom by accident. Or is it an accident?

The movie tells about a boy named Alex who has a premonition of a plane bursting into flames minutes after take off. He tells everyone to get off the ill-fated aircraft. Some people actually do get of the plane. Moments later in the departure lounge these people see the plane actually explode before their very eyes. Not too long these people start to die too in mysterious ways because the Death is mad that they didn't die in the plane crash like they were designed to.

I had a copy of the movie on DVD but I borrowed it to someone and now the movie is lost. I asked around but nobody fessed up. So, if you have my movie, keep it! Let me know though because I want to put you on my black list of friends I never borrow movies again. (*evil laugh*)
I got a new copy on Blu-Ray, so it is better anyway. I order it from Discshop on Monday and it was in my mail box yesterday which was Tuesday. I love how fast they are!
Soon we will be having a fright night with our friends and we will watch this movie. It is good to have a little scare in your life every once in a while. Especially when it is just a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment