Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Order Online / Hollywood Smile

Hooray! My whitening strips I ordered about a week ago are finally here! Finland doesn't sell whitening strips in the stores, so I have to order mine from US. There is this awesome website called isosmile.com that delivers Crest whitening strips from US to Finland without postage. Only thing you need to remember, is that the total of the order shouldn't go over 43 euros because if it does, the customs will ask for their share plus taxes. But one box of Crest Whitestrips® 3D WHITE Advanced Seal cost only 43 euros, so you don't have to worry about customs when you only order just one box.

Here's a picture of the box that strips come in.



How do they work? Easy, there is a strip for your upper teeth and a strip for your bottom teeth. Each strip has this gel-like whitening agent on it and once you place it on your teeth, it stays on pretty well. You use one strip per side once a day for 30 minutes for 2 weeks. Very easy!

Here's a picture of one pouch that has the strips for both upper and lower side.

Here's the actual strips.
Pros: Easy to use, actually works and whitens teeth couple shades whiter, whitening last up to 18 mths according to Crest (I have noticed it last about 12 mths), strips are affordable.

Cons: While using the strips you can have twinging sharp pain in your teeth. It can be pretty intense and I know people who haven't been able to use the strips because of the pain. I have had the pain as well but it hasn't stopped me to using them.

Note: Using the strips too often can cause damage to the teeth's enamel. I talked to my dentist and she assured me that I can use the strips 1-2 times a year because my teeth are in good condition. My dentist also said that I can use fluoride tablets when doing the whitening because fluoride protects the enamel. So, check with your dentist before you go crazy with the whitening strips.

So, I will be using these for two weeks now and I will then do another post with before- and after-pictures. They have worked before, so I hope they will work this time too!

But here's some other useful information about your dental health. I do my best to take care of my teeth and I listed the most important things to remember when it comes to your teeth. Check it out!

Besides using whitening strips, what else can you do to have nice, white and healthy teeth? Here's few tips:
- use whitening tooth paste (my favorite is Pepsodent White Now)
- use a straw when drinking soda pop, juice, even tea!
- don't drink too much soda pop and sugary juices (my guilty pleasure is coke)
- eat less candy
- have more vitamin C, A and D because these vitamins are vital to healthy teeth and gums
- after eating / drinking drink some water (I have notice that my teeth stay whiter when I drink water in between drinking coke or tea)
- chew xylitol gum
- brush your teeth at least twice a day
- floss your teeth regularly (seriously)
- smile


No comments:

Post a Comment