Thursday, September 22, 2011

Story Of Me

I guess I should do a quick post about me for all those readers who don't know me. I'm a girl in my best age as I say every year or I just lie i'm 22 yrs (*wink*).
I was born in Finland and right after high school I decided to take a year off from studying and I left to the USA to be an au pair (nanny) for a year. That year turned into 7 years because I met my husband (Scott) there.
We had so much fun while living in the US! We lived really close to Chicago, so we used to go hang out there most of our free time. It is actually my favorite city in the world.
Our family also includes our precious dog, Jinx. You didn't think I was going to name a whole bunch of kids? Hahaha! I like my 8 hours of sleep, thank you very much. Jinx is trained so well that he lets us sleep in unlike kids. But I will tell Jinx's story later on because it is a funny one too. Back to me now...
After living in the US for a while, we felt like it was time to move our family to Finland because the way of life is a bit simpler here, my side of family is in Finland and the school is free here. Also, if we ever would have kids, Scott needed to learn Finnish because we want to raise our kids bilingual. We have failed on Jinx. He only speaks English (*giggling*).

I love to have fun and try new things. Like the several occasions I have been a hair model and I came home with a funky new haircut. Nothing is more fun than surprises!

I especially love to travel, so Scott and I have used our every opportunity to see different countries. We have been in many European countries like Germany, England and Holland but we hope to see more! I can't wait to visit our friends in Indonesia.

I love sports too! And hockey to be exact. And I like to do sports because I want to be fit. I do all sorts of sports like walking, biking, kettle bell, yoga, pilates, body pump, aerobics, water running, stretching, basically what ever is offered and available at the time.
Even though I like to be on the move most of my time I still like to slouch around the couch every week because I'm a big movie freak. I can't name a one favorite movie because there are so many but on my most watched list are at least these: Outcold, Supertroopers and KillBill 1&2. And I watch TV shows like How I met your mother, True Blood, Burn Notice and Shameless.

I'm also fairly crafty and I every now and then get into productive moods that won't go away unless I make something like handmade cards, knitted hats, scarves, mittens or bags out of recycled material. I like to bake and cook too because I like to know what I'm eating, so I definitely know what's in my dinner if I made it myself. Plus baking is just like meditation after a long day at work. You are just thinking about the dough and nothing but the dough. But not all time goes to sports, crafts and baking because if you haven't noticed I like to take pictures as well. I have many scarp books and photo albums at home. I also like to share my photos. This was one reason for starting this blog.

Hmm... what else... I hate the cold! Absolutely hated it! That is why the Finnish winters are not for me. I complain the whole time! But I survive through them with lots of layers of clothing. That is why in the summer time I wear nothing but bikinis if possible (*laugh*). I love the sun and summer! My dream is to be so rich that every morning I can just check the weather forecast of the world and just head over to the place that has the best weather. Sounds very good to me!

I have also a tendency to get into funny situations. Like my grey long dress (in the picture) getting stuck on my bicycle gears and wheel. I was going to work the first day after a vacation when all of sudden the dress flies up in the air and directly to my back tire and gears. It was stuck so bad that I could not pull it free myself (believe me, I tried ripping the hem of the dress too). There I was all alone 7.30am on side of the road my dress stuck in my bike. Thank goodness there was a technical school near by and I carried my bike there and found couple nice gentlemen who took the bike apart and freed my dress. That was a story to tell my boss when I called her to tell that I might be bit late...

That's all I can think right now but I'm sure I will share more about me later. And I will definitely write about Mr. Jinx because he is the cool one in the family... Have a fun day everyone! I'm just going keep blowing my nose and sneezing (*damn cold*)!

No comments:

Post a Comment