Monday, October 3, 2011

Travel the world / Varpaisjärvi

Good morning!

As I told you last week, this weekend we went to my sister's place in Varpaisjärvi. It was her birthday and also her son's birthday, so there was definitely a reason for a little get together.
Varpaisjärvi is a little countryside town near Kuopio. There are appx. 3000 people there.
Varpaisjärvi doesn't have many sights, so I took pictures of the few they have. There is a pretty church that was built 1904 and then there is this statue of a famous race horse Ruuna Reipas. It won a ton of races back in '58-'60.
Besides looking at the sights, we just hung out with the family. On Saturday I took a walk with my nephew and Jinx to near by hiking trails. There was this little swamp. So, we took pictures of that too.
We also ate way too much this weekend! It was a meat lovers feast because my sister's boyfriend is a hunter. We had moose meat steaks and moose hamburger meat rolls wrapped with bacon outside and with cream cheese inside. Yummy! We also had salmon, mashed potatoes and salad. For desert we had baked apples with vanilla sauce.









That was a fun weekend! But now it is time to head back to work... Plus I will be starting kettle bell classes again this week. I will do a post about that. And keep an eye on my fall hat fashion post.

No comments:

Post a Comment