If you are looking for good fairytale for grown-ups, rent or buy a movie called Stardust. It is an older movie, it came out 2007, but it is still one of my favorites. I just bought the special edition of Stardust on blueray from
Discshop. This movie has very pretty scenery from Scotland and Iceland, so I wanted to see it in the best picture quality possible.

Stardust tells a story of a fallen star, three witches, gay pirate and a boy who makes a stupid promise to a girl he loves. The plot is funny and the actors are chosen very well. Movie cast includes such names as Robert de Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Claire Danes. The run time is 127 minutes, which is just a perfect for a Saturday night's movie at home. Not too long or short.

My favorites in the movie are the three witches because they remind me of myself and my two sisters. We are as goofy as they are (*giggle*). In the movie the witches have found out that a heart of a star will make them look younger and live forever. That is why they try to capture the fallen star. I'm not going to tell you if they succeed with their plan to catch the fallen star or not. You have to watch the movie yourself.
But I will tell you that Robert de Niro plays an awesome gay pirate. He is hilarious! His character helps the boy with the quest he is on to keep his promise to the girl.
Every now and then I like every to watch movies that are not realistic and movies that whisk you away to another world for a little while. I think that we get to see and hear the horrors of the real life on tv and other media enough, so it is good for your brain to take a break and enjoy something silly and out of this world sometimes. This movie is rated for 11 years and older and it is for a reason because this is not a movie for little kids even though the plot may sound childish. The jokes and themes are for older viewers.
So, I want you to watch it, enjoy it and have a laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment