Since it is almost December, I want to tell you about this book. I think it is probably the best Christmas book in Finnish that I have ever seen. It is called "Oi Ihana Joulukuu" which means "Oh the lovely December". It is written by Outi Loimaranta and Marjo Koivumäki, and it was first published in 2009.
This book has everything Christmas! It has recipes, craft and gift ideas, lists about best xmas songs and decoration tips. I saw this book on sale last year and I bought for myself right away. My favorite thing about this book are the pictures. They are so inspiring! You just want to start making and creating Christmas around you.
It also has a great recipe for dog biscuits because you shouldn't forget your furry friends around the Holidays. I will make a post about the biscuits later on in December because Jinx needs more doggie treats soon anyway.
Here's couple pictures from the book. This first one is a top 24 list of Christmas songs. Check out if you find any new favorites for yourself.
December 13th is the Saint Lucy's Day. More on that later.
These little candle holders are super easy to make out of any sized metal cans.
Christmas is a perfect time to use all your ribbons, lace and little left over pieces of fabric. Just be creative when wrapping your gifts.





so cute!
ReplyDeletei'm gonna head to the library - i'll see what i can find...
i recently checked out "simply green giving"
http://www.dannyseo.com/2010/04/book-2/ & it has some cute eco friendly idea's for wrapping & gift giving
Riittalicious, I'm humbled be the kind words you wrote about my book. Thank you. It means so much to hear that readers like you find it inspiring and lovely. Have a very merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYes, I love your book! Make sure you let me know if you are ever coming up with another book. Have an awesome Christmas as well!
ReplyDelete