Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 New Year's Eve Party Picture Gallery

Hello!

Here are finally the pictures from our New Year's Eve party. We had tons of fun! We made burritos and drank some bubbly. Then we went outside to see the fireworks. Later on we melted the New Year's tins. We also danced to everyone's favorite music.
Tin melting is a Finnish tradition for New Year. We buy special horse shoes that are made of tin. Horse shoe is to believed to bring good luck. Then we make it a fun game to melt the tin and pour it into a bucket of water. After the tin sets in the cold water, we try to see what the tin looks like in order to predict the new year.

Here are the horse shoes made out tin...

Me me melting my tin...

Anu showing the tin what's up...

Anu and I...

Klaara pouring her tin into the bucket of water...

Anu and I melting the tins...

My tin was just a little bowl, I guess I will be baking a lot next year. Anu's tin was a boat.

Fun with the tins...

Little tin pieces...

My friend Lotta's tin looked exactly like the Statue of Liberty. I guess she will be taking a trip to New York...

Anu...

Food was almost gone before I realized I didn't take pictures before everybody ate it all...

Group picture...

Another group pic...

Lovely ladies ready for the new year...

Anu and I...

Cheers and Happy New Year 2012 again!

2 comments:

  1. looks like lots of fun! i want to try the melting tin tradition... finn's have so many cool holiday traditions! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have many traditions and I try my best to keep doing them because many young people don't care about traditions.

    ReplyDelete