Saturday, January 28, 2012

Forever Young With Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Hello and Happy Saturday!

I'm so excited because I have been introduced to the best beauty product ever! Now I can keep looking younger than my real age, plus have a healthy and beautiful skin. I bet you want to know more, so you read on while I'll go hang out with my friends. Like I told you earlier this week, I'm having my 22nd birthday party today. And because of this new beauty product, I think I might be able to pull of 22 again next year (*giggle*).

Few days I was talking to a company called Dermalogica, and they sent me a sample of their most popular product called Daily Microfoliant. Dermalogica said that this exfoliant is so good that you get addicted to it. I was bit sceptical about that because usually when beauty products promise a lot, they deliver very little. But not this time!


This stuff is awesome!! My face felt so soft soft and smooth. All my pores were visibly smaller and thin lines that I used to have on my forehead were gone. All that just after one use! I have been using this exfoliant ever since I got the sample and the results just keep getting better. I need to get more of this because my sample is almost gone.

The interesting thing about this microfoliant is that it isn't a liquid or gel like most facial cleansers. It is in powder form. When you need to exfoliate your face, you take about half a teaspoon of the powder on the palm of your hand. Make sure you wet your hands and face first. Then you stir the powder into a paste with your wet hands. Apply to face in circular motions, avoiding the eye area. Rinse with warm water.

This is how the powder looks like.

Here's the powder after I got it wet.

Daily Microfoliat is gently enough to use every day. It doesn't contain any artificial fragrance or color. It is rice-based enzyme powder that activates upon contact with water, releasing papain, salicylic acid and rice enzymes to smooth the skin and accelerate cell renewal. It also has bearberry, aspergillus, grapefruit and licorice to help balance uneven skin pigmentation, and green tea, ginkgo and colloidal oatmeal to calm any inflammation your skin might have.

Here's me applying the paste. 


For the end of the post I want to tell a little about Dermalogica. What I learned from their website, the firm was established 1986 in the USA by a British woman called Jane Wurwand. She had a clear vision for her business: a product line free of common irritants and ingredients that could cause breakouts, for example including lanolin, SD alcohol, mineral oil, artificial colors and fragrances.
Dermalogica is a privately owned company driven first by education and research. They have never taken part in animal testing. Dermalogica products are made in the USA and sold in over 80 countries (also in Finland!).

I'm liking this company. I definitely want to get a big bottle of Daily Microfoliant, and I would love to try a some sort of moisturizer by Dermalogica too. But first I have been invited to a Dermalogica's unique Face Mapping® skin analysis, where Dermalogica professional skin therapist will decode my skin – zone by zone – and give me advice and regimen how to take of my skin. I will let you know when that happens. I'm very excited!! 

But now... I'm off to have fun with my friends who came in town from all over Finland, just to see me today. I hope you all are having a great weekend too!
Oh, and I apologize for the bad quality of the pictures in this post. The light in the bathroom sucks. Anyway, I hope I will get some good pics of my B-day dinner. I'll share them with you guys later on.

Hugs and Kisses!!

2 comments: