Friday, February 24, 2012

HandMade / Bad Hair Day Hat

Since I have been sick, I haven't looked my best. That is why I decided to make myself a Bad Hair Day Hat.

A cute and comfortable hat that can be thrown on when I don't feel like worrying about my hair.

A hat that also doubles as Windy Spring Day Hat. I can wear it when the weather is not too cold but windy enough to call for a hat.




I used Novita's black Hanko yarn. It is made out of 50% recycled cotton and 50% acrylic. Since the yarn  doesn't have any wool, it is not too hot for spring days, and it is very soft to wear on those days when you are annoyed with your bad hair day. I needed a little over one skein for my hat.


I needed 16 loops on 4 needles (size 5 needles) to make the hat fit me. First I made a simple ribbing and then knitted a long, slouchy part for the hat.


Once the hat was long enough for my liking, I decreased the loops quickly, so the hat was round at the end.


I wanted the hat to look really relaxed.


 Bye, bye Bad Hair Days!!


Hello, Spring!


And Happy Weekend to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment