Thursday, February 16, 2012

Movie Madness / How To Train Your Dragon

Hi there!

I haven't done a movie review for some time, so here's one for today. I'm going to share a movie night that I had with one of my favorite nephews few nights ago. Truth to be told, the nephew that I'm hanging out at the moment, is always the favorite one. So, they all think that they are my favorite (*giggle*).

Anyway, this time we decided to watch the movie How to train your dragon in 3D. We also popped some popcorn and had some candy as a movie night treat.

Here's my movie night companions; Shark, Emil and Jinx.

Yummy popcorn!

Ready to watch the movie.

This movie came out 2010 but I just bought in on Blu-Ray.

How to train your dragon tells a story of viking village that is attacked by dragons all the time, and for that reason all the villagers are keen on killing the dragons. There is nothing more better to be proud of than having to kill a dragon. Too bad for the main character Hiccup; a young scrawny boy who is more into inventions than hunting for dragons. Hiccup is put to a dragon school by his father to learn to be more manlier and to learn how to kill a dragon. Nothing goes as planned and Hiccup ends up finding a dragon to be his friend. He even names the dragon Toothless. What happens after that? Well, you will have to watch the movie to see... But I must say that Toothless is a lot like our Jinx. Just a side note...

I like this movie a lot! It is cute, funny and tells a good story.  I recommend it for adults and kids who love a good adventure. The movie has a run time of 98 minutes.

I just realized (while searching on google) that this movie is based on a series of nine books written by Brittish author Cressida Cowell. Her first book was published on 2003. However according to Wikipedia the plot of the film is almost completely different to the first book in the series. I'm still curious to read the books.

Anyway, I will be probably watching more movies soon because I'm still sick, off work and not allowed to work out. Stupid sinus infection!!

So, I really don't have much that I can do besides watch movies and TV. Too bad we also don't have our big TV anymore (Gee! This is starting to sound like a country song; everything goes wrong).

We had to send the TV back to Samsung because it had a blown pixel. We figured that we might as well use the warranty that it still had. But I don't know how quickly we will get the TV back or if we will get a new TV. Until then we are stuck with out tiny 20" TV in the bedroom. Oh well...

Today I'm going to go see a doctor again. I swear the doctor's office should arrange me a VIP  waiting area with a nice lounge, snacks and the latest women's magazines... I have been at that office way too much lately. But before I complain anymore about anything, I will stop now and get ready to go to the doc's.

I hope everybody else is having a GRRRREAT day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment