I have a treat for you guys; a great recipe for marvelous mint tea!
Since I have been having terrible allergies lately, I decided to research that what natural herb would relieve allergy and asthma symptoms. Turns out that mint can do that, plus a whole lot more.
Since I have been having terrible allergies lately, I decided to research that what natural herb would relieve allergy and asthma symptoms. Turns out that mint can do that, plus a whole lot more.
Did you know that...
-Mint has many anti-fungal properties that help to treat asthma and allergy symptoms along with other inflammations?
-Mint has an ability to soothe the digestive tract and relieve stomach ache?
-Mint can help to fight against colon, skin and lung cancer?
-Mint is a natural breathe freshener, and it takes care of oral health by holding back harmful bacterial growth inside your mouth?
-Mint can relieve stress and help against headaches?
Riittalicious Fresh Mint and Honey Tea
- 2-3 stems of fresh mint
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup hot water (not quite boiling)
Put mint and honey in a tall glass, mug or a tea pot. Bring water to almost boiling. Pour water in the glass/pot over mint and honey. Cover the glass/pot while the tea is steeping to prevent valuable properties of mint to evaporate. Let the tea steep for 5-8 minutes. Enjoy!
Riittalicious Fresh Mint and Honey Tea
- 2-3 stems of fresh mint
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup hot water (not quite boiling)
Put mint and honey in a tall glass, mug or a tea pot. Bring water to almost boiling. Pour water in the glass/pot over mint and honey. Cover the glass/pot while the tea is steeping to prevent valuable properties of mint to evaporate. Let the tea steep for 5-8 minutes. Enjoy!
Fresh mint I found from our local store.
I also bought a new bottle of honey. Everybody knows that honey is super good for you as well!
Put the mint and honey in a glass.
Pour the hot water over the mint and honey.
At this point you should cover the tea and let it steep but I actually was breathing in all the lovely steam that was coming out of my glass. I could feel the mint oils opening up my congested nose and throat.
After about 8 minutes the water had turned into this pretty shade of light green.
Ready for a soothing glass of mint and honey tea.
Fresh mint and honey tea is as good as mojitos! Plus it is more suitable for any time during your day, unlike mojitos (*wink*).
This tea really made me feel so much better. It opened up my nose, throat and lungs. You should give it a try too! It is super easy to make. Plus you can add a slice if lemon or grated ginger if you want an extra twist of flavor.
With happy tea thoughs,
Riittalicious













a link about local honey & help for allergies:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.pioneerthinking.com/to_honey.html
the closer the source of honey the better from what i've read!
Cool, thanks!!
ReplyDeleteThat honey is actually grown local. I always try to buy a local product if possible. But good to know that it actually helps against allergies.
love it! and i always love your pictures of you modeling what your talking about!! awesome
ReplyDelete