I just finished the first book of Fifty Shades of Grey (written by E L James). It was an interesting book and it kept me intrigued the whole time.
For a short summary of Fifty Shades of Grey, I can tell that it is a story about clumsy young woman called Anastasia Steele. She is about to graduate from Washington State University. Just weeks before graduation Anastasia meets Christian Grey, a handsome young Seattle business tycoon, when she interviews him for the university newspaper. The inexperienced Steele is instantly drawn to complicated Mr. Grey who has particular sexual tastes. Anastasia knows that she shouldn’t be with him but she can’t help herself either.
This book is hyped as mommy porn because many desperate housewives have been seen to read this book. So, was this book full of sex? Yes, but I think some of it was too much. Many pages just kept repeating themselves; Ana and Mr. Grey going at it at various locations. Some of the sex scenes were hot, I'm not denying that but some of it was just not taking the story anywhere. If didn't know, many of book's sexual scenes center around BDSM which is a preference around activities that are erotic but may not be sexual. Consensual use of restraint, intense sensory stimulation, and fantasy power role play, light bondage, hot wax, blindfolds etc.
Between the heavy sex parts were interesting little pieces of storyline that revealed Mr. Grey's dark childhood. They start to explain a little bit why he is the way he is, and that is the part why I want to read more. There are two other books continuing the the Grey series. I will definitely get the second book to read more of his past. Besides... Mr. Grey is written to be fairly delicious (*giggle*). Who wouldn't want to read a little more of him.
Good news to all the Finns! If you can't or don't want to read the book in English, you can now get Fifty Shades of Grey also in Finnish. The book is called Fifty Shades - Sidottu. I haven't read or seen the Finnish version, so I can't say if the translation is good or not. I prefer to read in English if that is the original language.
Anyway, right now it sucks because I don't have the second book yet, so I have nothing to read. Also most of my favorite tv shows (True Blood, Burn Notice) just wrapped up for the season. I don't know what to do with myself and all the free time. It is like I should go and get a life (*what?!?*) or something.
But.. talking about tv shows. I can't wait for the movie version of Fifty Shades of Grey because there has been a lot of talk that Alexander SkarsgÄrd will be cast as Mr. Grey. I really hope that's true because I luuuv him as Eric in True Blood.
Have a great and steamy Friday!



I can't wait for the movie. I loved the books. I should agree these are the best written books.
ReplyDeleteFifty Shades Movie
I'm excited to see the movie too!
ReplyDelete