Monday, September 3, 2012

A Fun Weekend At Rokua Health&Spa

Good morning!

What a fun weekend I had! Like I told you, I went on a company fall sports retreat in Rokua Health&Spa. It took about 3,5 hours in a bus from Kuopio to Rokua. The weather was great on Saturday; a little sunshine, not too warm but not too cold to do sports. Sunday on the other hand sucked, it was really rainy and grey, but it didn't matter as much since we were coming back and didn't do any sports outdoors.


So, what did we do there? A lot of fun stuff. Everybody got to choose what they wanted to do at Rokua. There were many activities available, both indoors and outdoors. Or you could choose just to relax and do nothing. At first my friends and I took part in Body Moving exercise class (*no, they didn't play the Beastie Boys' song Body moving*). It featured a series of gentle movements for your whole body. The intent of this class was to better your mobility.
After getting our muscles warmed up in Body Moving, we headed to a class that was a tad bit harder; Rokua Core. It was a crazy 45 minute class with vigorous exercise that was aimed to strengthen your midriff. After sweating our butts off at the Rokua Core class, we decided to rest a bit. Since the weather was great, we took a walk around the grounds of the hotel&spa. The nature in Rokua is crazy! There are so many trees everywhere, as well as little swamps and hills.
For the last class we chose to take part in Aqua Bailamos. As you can guess from the name, this class was held in a pool. Basically it was zumba in water. I was laughing so much during the class. My little Versace for H&M bikini didn't want to stay put while we shook our asses and jumped around in a warm pool.
After Body Moving, Rokua Core and Aqua Bailamos, we were pretty tired and it was time to go relax in a steam sauna. It felt awesome!

Since we did so many different sports and were up and about all day, we were ravenous! But that wasn't a problem at Rokua. Oh my goodness, not at all. The food was amazing. A ton of different kind of salads and fruit, then there we different kinds of fish too from salmon to pike perch, as well as rice, potatoes and paté. We ate like kings (*giggle*).

For other entertainment there were a couple of bands playing at night as well as lecture about well being in the morning. I was most excited about the drummer in one of the bands. He is the one and only Antero Mertaranta, a legendary Finnish sportscaster and TV personality. Antero (*or Anza for short*) is hilarious and he looks like troll but he is simply the best. He is man of many talents and that is why we got to enjoy his band as well the lecture (*yes, he was the guest speaker in the morning*). Since I'm not a shy girl I also went to ask for his autograph and a picture with my friend. It was awesome to meet him.
Anyway, here's pictures from my trip. I hope you enjoy them. And a happy Monday everyone!!

Me on the bus and Klaara after just arriving at Rokua.
 

We got a technical jackets as presents. Too bad they aren't fitted, so they look terrible on women.

Our hotel room.



We had our own sauna too!
 



Lunch!

The hotel had a pretty little pond in front of it.


All smiles.

View from our hotel room.


We also got our feet scanned and checked for any problems. After the scan Sievin jalkine gave us each individually matching insoles for our shoes.
 


Backside of the hotel.

Woods around the hotel.

Boys attending to a KankiPumppi class which basically was a BodyPump class done with an iron bar.

Lingonberries.

More woods.


Friends taking a walk.


Our hotel by the pond.

There are so many hiking trails around Rokua.


Me relaxed and feeling great after all the fitness classes and steam sauna.

My bikinis (*giggle*).

Klaara and I ready for dinner.

Dinner time!

Anza time!!


On the way home I was admiring Anza's autograph.


On the bus ride home, I also made this little collage to beat boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment