Thursday, October 11, 2012

DinnerTime / Roast Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches With French Dip

Hi there!

If you have been following my blog, you should know by now that I like to try to make and eat different kind of foods. I hate to always eat the same old things. It is just too boring!

Last night I felt like eating sandwiches but I couldn't think of anything exciting until I saw this lovely piece of pork tenderloin on sale at the store. I immediately thought of Roast beef sandwiches with French dip, which is a really common sandwich in the USA. I don't think I have seen them in Finland though.

Basically Roast beef&French dip means that you have a dinner roll or bread filled thinly sliced roast beef with a side of French dip (*French dip is also known as Au jus, which is just a light sauce for beef recipes, which may be served with the food or placed on the side for dipping*).

Since pork was on sale, I decided to make Roast Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches With French Dip. Here's how you can make them too.


You will need:
-beef or chicken stock (about 1 liter/ 4 cups)
-1 big carrot
-1 big onion
-2-3 tbsp honey
-few slices of orange
-couple bay leaves
-few peppercorns
-olive oil
-1-2 tsp BBQ or steak seasoning
-1 pork (or beef) tenderloin
-fresh bread or rolls
-lettuce

Heat oven to 300C/570F or as hot as possible.
First bring beef/chicken stock to a boil. Chop up carrot and onion as well as slice up orange. Add carrot, onion, orange, honey, bay leaves and peppercorns to the stock. Let it simmer on low heat.

Put tenderloin on a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with BBQ or steak seasoning. Then place the meat in the oven and lower temperature to 225C/440F. Cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

After the meat is done, wrap it in foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Place the bread/rolls in the hot oven to warm up.

While the meat is resting and the bread is in the oven, strain the veggies from the stock. You can pour the stock in individual serving dishes. Half the rolls/bread and cut the meat in thin slices. Dip meat slices in French dip and then stuff bread/rolls with meat. Garnish with lettuce or other green things like basil or parsley. Serve the filled bread/rolls with extra French dip for dinner guests to dip their sandwich.

My veggies for the French dip.

Other ingredients.

Bringing the stock to a boil.

Veggies simmering in the stock.

My favorite steak seasoning.

Pork tenderloin oiled, seasoned and ready for the oven.

After 25 minutes in the hot oven.

To keep the meat juicy, let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it.

Straining the dip.

Pork should be a little pink in the middle. If you cook it too much it will be dry and chewy.


Dipping the meat and filling up the sandwiches.


I added some lettuce as well as some of the onions that were used making the dip.

Start dipping your sandwich! Easy and delicious dinner is served.

Dinner for two. 

You could also serve a fresh salad as a side for this dinner to make it more healthier. I was feeling bit lazy, so we just ate the sandwiches. One medium sized sandwich is enough to curb my appetite, and the larger sandwich is enough for a guy.

Have a Riittalicious Dinner! XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment