Monday, October 22, 2012

HandMade / Shrunken Heads And Halloween Printables

Hello!

Do you guys want to see the final Halloween decorations I put together tonight? I believe that little details make a party, and that's why I think these decorations are just perfect for our Halloween bash on Saturday. 

First I voodooed few heads into bottles and a jar. Yes, voodooing is one of my special skills (*wink*). Party isn't a real party until you have shrunken heads, right?


Nah, just kidding! I simply printed out some creepy looking faces and then inserted the pictures in empty bottles/jars. I used a thin plastic bag to push the picture to hug the insides of the bottle. I used a chop stick to put a plastic bag into the bottle and then I blew hard to the bag. After that I just tied the plastic bag in a knot and pushed the whole bag in the bottle to hold the picture in place. Then it was time to make some hair by using wool yarn. 

This red headed kid in the small jar looks the best because it was easier to work the jar than the bottles. My fingers actually fit inside the jar. Using chop sticks for the bottles was bit challenging.

 

 

My second craft for tonight was this fun yet elegant Halloween picture that I put in a simple black frame. I think this will look great in the kitchen with all the Halloween treats and punch. It will be there as a reminder in case people forget what they came to do in the kitchen (*giggle*).


I found this specific print when I was searching the internet for Halloween printables. If you want it too, just go here. For the frame I visited a craft store called Tiimari because they are having a 40% off sale on most of the picture frames. They also have a pretty decent Halloween section too.

 

My second picture is a sign that says "BOO". I also found it online (*get it here*), then printed it and decorated it with some crystals for extra jazz. I think these two prints will look great together. At least the hairy spider likes them but then again I'm not sure if he can read (*ha ha ha*).



Happy Monday Night! Stay Scary!

P.S I can't believe how cold it was today. The temperature dipped below zero celsius (*32F). I really need to find my winter jackets soon. I know they are somewhere in our storage unit.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, noi pääpullot on ihan huippuja! T. Katri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiitos! Helppoja ja halpoja tehdä, mut hienoja minunkin mielestä.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that craft store looks fun!

    it's been warm & cloudy here - we've gotten more rain recently than we got all summer! it's supposed to get cold soon though - we are not far behind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiimari has gotten better past couple years. They have more Halloween stuff now.

    ReplyDelete