Hey there!
Even though we have been busy with Halloween, we still have found time to watch movies too. So, few nights ago Scott and I watched a movie called Moonrise kingdom. It was so cute!
Moonrise Kingdom is yet another one of Wes Anderson's quirky and charming films (*others include for example Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou*).
Moonrise Kingdom tells the tale of two twelve-year-olds who develop a crush on each other and decide to run off together. This will start a rush rescue mission by the kids' families and other people who care for them. The movie is set on a small island off the coast of New England in the year 1965. Wes Anderson has created an amazingly detailed world that’s just a bit removed from reality. It feels like this little island almost becomes a character in itself.
But as for the real cast, it couldn't possibly be more perfect with newcomers Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward as the young lovers. Other great performances are played by (*always cute*) Ed Norton, Bruce Willis, Frances McDormand, Jason Schwartzmann and Tilda Swinton.
The soundtrack of this movie is really beautiful, and it compliments the feel of the movie perfectly (*a lot of the music is by Benjamin Britten*) Same goes with the cast's costumes. Everything is just too cute! I love the charming and whimsical vintage touch of Moonrise Kingdom.
The running time of this movie is 94 minutes and it is rated PG-13 in the USA (*PG-12 in Finland*) for sexual content and smoking.
I absolutely enjoyed this movie and I give it two thumbs up! Anyway, I know I will be busy rest of the week, so if you don't hear from me, I have my hands in cookie dough and I can't type. Or I could but I would be a mess (*giggle*). Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment