Thursday, December 20, 2012

Birthday Surprise In December

As you may recall I have been complaining about people having birthdays in August. I know at least 20 people who are born in that month, and as much as I love remember them all, it is a lot of work. Anyone who knows me personally, knows that I like to make cards and give presents. So, I'm pretty busy making sure I have cards/presents for all.

Why am I complaining about this again in December then? Well, I just realized I know many people who have birthdays in this month as well.

Having a birthday in December isn't only a hassle for other people but it is also bit sad for the birthday boy or girl too. In my opinion the only person who should have a birthday in December is Jesus Christ himself. And I don't say this in a religious way at all. Even as a child I thought that it must suck to have your birthday in December competing with Christmas. People are too busy with Christmas planning that they tend to like to combine birthday cards and presents with Christmas ones.

I have even had to raise my voice to my own dad when he once said he is not going to buy my dear nephew anything on his birthday because Christmas was right around the corner. I told my dad that it was a terrible plan. It's not the kid's fault that he was born in December (*or kinda was but he didn't know Christmas is in December, giggle*).

Birthdays are not about getting older (*unless you're 6*) or getting presents. They are about you and your special day. That's why they need to be noted somehow. It might sound lame but it is really the thought that counts. As a child or a grown up, it is nice when people remember your day, the one that you were born on.


I'm born in January and even I have gotten comments about my birthday being so close to Christmas that people don't bother acknowledge it. That is why I always make lots of noise about my birthday. I usually gather my friends and we go out to eat somewhere fun. It is nice to celebrate on your birthday! There are so many crabby things in the world going on that why not to celebrate every single little thing you can.

Anyway... Long story short. Today is my friend Klaara's birthday and I wanted to surprise her by decorating her desk at work. As a December child, she deserves a great surprise!

I rallied up couple other friends to help me (*it's a perk to work at the same place with your friends*), and after Klaara left work, we attacked her desk with a bunch of birthday essentials.

We used lots of non-Christmacy colored streamers and balloons to fill up her whole desk area. I also made her a "happy birthday" banner (*I used the same method that I made halloween banners with*). Then we got her a little present and plenty of candy. Oh, and we didn't forget the birthday hats either.

It was so much fun to go crazy with all the decorations. I was pretty lightheaded after blowing up all the balloons (*giggle*). But it was so worth it. She loved it! Well, maybe she won't love it as much when she has to clean up her desk but maybe we will help her if she shares some of the candy with us.

Here's more funny pictures of her desk...









HAPPY BIRTHDAY KLAARA!

2 comments: