Thursday, January 31, 2013

Love Letter To A Past Neighbor


Dear past neighbor from apartment 39,

I was just thinking... You don't really know what a good neighbor you have had until they move out. You really don't. You take good neighbors for granted. Once they are gone, you are left with a whole new set of people who do things just wrong.

I remember the days when I came home and the hall way smelled like freshly baked cinnamon rolls. Now it just smells like, well, baked people (*if you know what I mean*).

I also remember the nights when I fell asleep in the peace and quiet of my own breathing. Now a loud laughter and chatter keeps me up past midnight.

Before I was able to walk out the door to take my trash out. Now I have to walk over my neighbor's trashy beer cans on the ground.

I remember how I never heard a slightest peep from you, I think your hobbies were whispering and folding laundry (*giggle*). But things are different now. The new ones seem to run a wood workshop based on all the hammering they do.


I might not have said "Hello" or "Good morning" every time I passed you in the hall way but I really miss you. My good old neighbor from apartment 39. Please come back.

Love,
Riittalicious

2 comments:

  1. "..your hobbies were whispering and folding laundry" nyt ei täällä lopu kikatus kirveelläkään kun jäi tuo mielikuva päähän! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nii... Tuommoiset harrastukset ovat ihanteellisia kerrostaloasukkaille. ;)

    ReplyDelete