Monday, February 4, 2013

DinnerTime / Salmon-Potatoe Keftas

Good Morning!

My weekend was good. I was at my company's winter sport retreat and I had fun. I didn't take any pictures this time, sorry!

For this morning I figured I will post a dinner recipe that I have meant to post for few days now but I have been too busy. Anyway, I hate to waste food but I also don't like to eat the same food over and over. That is why I often make new foods from leftovers. Here's one of my favorite "re-vamp your leftovers" recipes. You can basically add anything to this basic recipe that you happen to have in hand at the moment.

Salmon-Potatoe Keftas
400-600g smoked salmon (about a pound)
400-600g peeled, boiled and mashed potatoes (about a pound)
2-4 teaspoons of chopped herbs (cilantro, chives, parsley etc)
1-2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1-2dl shredded cheese if you like (½-1 cup)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Make little patties and fry them on a pan with oil or butter. Serve with salad.

Little bowl of mashed potatoes that I had leftover last week.

Some smoked salmon I found from my fridge.

I like to use fresh herbs but I didn't have any at hand, so I used dried herbs. You can also add onions and/or garlic if you wish. 

My little patties that I fried on a pan with little olive oil and butter.

Turn the patties to make both of the sides golden brown. Handle them with care because they can break apart easily.

Serve the patties with fresh salad. Yummy!

Happy and healthy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment