Monday, March 18, 2013

Winter Vacation At Vuokatti

Hello!

We just got back from our mini vacation and it was a blast! We spent a long weekend three hours up North from Kuopio, at Vuokatti ski resort. My muscles are sore from snowboarding but it was worth it. The sun was shining every single day and temperature was around 0C/32F (*perfect for winter sports*).

Besides hitting the slopes we went to the Katinkulta spa, ate well, slept in late, checked out Angry Birds activity park, and saw Northern lights. Pretty darn good vacation in my opinion. Here's pictures from our fun filled vacation...

In a car on our way to Vuokatti.

Jinx came along since we couldn't find a dog sitter. He was happy to go on a vacation too!

 Our vacation home was named very accurately "huilitupa" which means "rest nest" in English. That's exactly what it was.

Scared but ready to hit the slopes. I'm not very good with my snowboard.

Bored Jinx stayed at the vacation home while we went snowboarding.

 Here's us with our boards. Isn't holding a board almost the same than boarding on the slope (*giggle*). If it is, I don't have to go up the slope, right?


Eventually I had to face my fear and hop onto a ski lift.





 After tumbling down the slopes few times (*a.k.a snowboarding*), we took a break.

Back on the top of the hill.


Gorgeous views from top of the slopes at 174 meters / 570 feet.






We were beat and hungry after couple of hours at the slopes. Time to eat!

 Carbs, carbs and carbs!  I had used all my energy by falling down and getting back up, so I needed a lot of food to get me going again.

Later on at night we went to soak our sore muscles at Katinkulta spa.

Katinkulta has many hot tubs and saunas to relax in.

Silly Jinx in the morning.

Taking Jinx out for a walk.



Since my sister and her family were also at Vuokatti, we went to take my niece to Angry Birds indoor activity park.

Crazy bird flew through the screen. Thank goodness it didn't hit us (*giggle*).


I didn't go in the park but niece said it was a ton of fun. Plenty of things to do for all ages. Maybe next time I'll go too.



 Between Sunday and Monday night, we got treated to a spectacular light show on the sky. We actually saw Northern lights. How cool is that?

We tried to get good pictures but it is really hard without a good camera...

...but these should give you an idea how the lights dance and move on the sky.


 Since we stayed up late enjoying the Northern lights, everyone was tired in the morning. Even the dogs.

That was our awesome mini vacation in pictures. I hope you liked them. My plan for the night is to unpack my bags and chill out. Cheers everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment