Hello
As I have often told you, I'm very spoiled by my big sisters. They seem to think I'm still the bugger nosed four year old that they were forced to babysit by our mom. They still baby me and spoil me, and I don't mind at all (*giggle*).
For instance, this past spring I saw this gorgeous knitted shawl on Novita's summer 2013 magazine. Since I'm not that good of a knitter, I kinda wished out loud that I'd love to have a handmade shawl like in the mag but unfortunately I didn't know to how to make it myself.
At first my oldest sister just laughed and said that I would need to learn how to knit properly and make it myself. She didn't have the time to make it for me. So, after trying to read the instructions how to knit the shawl I got discouraged and forgot the whole thing.
That was until my sister called me back few days later from a yarn shop and asked me if I really wanted exactly the same colors for the shawl that are in the magazine. She was buying the yarn to make me the shawl.
I said yes to the original colors, and now couple months later, I'm the proud owner of this most gorgeous shawl ever! I love it! My sister really rocks.
I can even ride my bike while wearing the shawl because I use a brooch to hold it in place. I got this cute brooch from my old co-worker in the USA, and I always wanted to wear it but I didn't know what to wear it with. Now I do. It is a great match for my shawl. Maybe I'm going to bring brooches back in fashion (*wink*).
Thank you my dear sister (*kisses*)! I will treasure this shawl forever. I'm actually using it right now since I managed to catch a stupid summer cold. I've got the sniffles and I'm wrapped up in my shawl on the couch watching crappy day time tv and drinking tv. I'm hoping this goes by quick. I have better things to do besides be sick.










No comments:
Post a Comment