Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cold Days Call For Comfort Food

Hi there!

What a cold day it has been in Finland. I woke up fairly late and the temperature still hadn't warmed up at all. It was -20C/-4F. Brrrrr! Needless to say I spent most of my day on the couch under a warm blanket. My sister was more brave and she ventured out and took this gorgeous picture of sunrise this morning. Stunning!


Since I am a dog owner, I eventually have to get my butt out the door to walk my cutie pie Jinx. No matter how cold, rainy or snowy it is, I can't just lay on the couch all day. That was true for today too. Jinx and I dressed up as warm as we could and headed out to the woods.


To wrap up the cold day I made an awesome comfort food dinner for us. Yummy meatloaf, rustic mashed potatoes and two types of beans. Looks like a lot of work but it really wasn't. I'll need to share my meatloaf recipe sometime. It is the best; juicy, moist and delish!


And now with belly full of good food I can just curl up on the couch again. It is the circle of life (*giggle*).

No comments:

Post a Comment