Friday, May 16, 2014

My School Trip To Oulu

Hello!

If you wondered why I haven't been posting anything for past few days, I can tell you that I have been busy once again. Besides going to work and working out, I also attend to school part time. So every couple months I travel to Oulu for few days of school. I'm in a lucky position because my employer pays for the school entirely (*traveling, hotels, school material, meals etc*), so I'm glad to be busy. I'll eventually graduate with general degree in logistics and mail communication.

Tuesday afternoon I hopped onto a train with couple of school mates and we entertained ourselves with a hockey game. Team Finland took a sweet victory from team Germany. Only problem was the internet connection that kept cutting off the game every now and then.

Once we made it to Oulu, we were in for a surprise at the hotel. We got upgraded for a better room that had a sauna and even cold bubbly with some chocolate waiting for us. That was really nice! I slept like a baby and was refreshed to go to school next day.

Besides school, I also went to a local gym for a Body Pump class one of the nights. Just because I'm away from home doesn't mean that I will skip exercising. School, traveling, work etc isn't a good enough reason to not to exercise. You just need to make time (*it's not that hard, seriously*).
I called the local gym ahead of time and asked if I could come and visit them for free trial. They were more than happy to have me there. It only took an hour to get my sweat on and my body felt immediately happier. Sitting down at school for 8 hours a day feels terrible! I'm not use to it at all. My body and bad back needs to be in motion.

Now I'm back home and desperately waiting for warmer weather. It was cold in Oulu and it is chilly in Kuopio. They keep promising on news that hot air mass is on our way but I don't believe it till I feel it. 
This weekend I'm going to hang out with my 15 year old nephew who is coming over for a visit. I'm sure I'll be also exercising as well as watching ice hockey games. 

But before that... I have few pictures as usual. Enjoy!

Our four hour train ride went fast because of the exciting hockey game.

Hotel room surprise.

Comfy beds for me and my school mate.

We had our own in-room-sauna.

Downtown Oulu.

I love hotel breakfast and this time it loved me back (*wink*).

This morning I went for a run and found these cute kingcup flowers.

Note to self: do not hit your leg with 12kg kettlebell.

Happy Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment