Friday, February 27, 2015

Staying Fit And Healthy In February

Hello there!

It is the last week of February and we have been having crazy warm weather in Finland. Usually it is supposed to be very cold and snowy but it's not. We have had mild temperature and all the snow has turned into slush. It is really weird because you don't know what to wear. It's really not winter nor spring, so I'm just waiting for summer (*giggle*).

Nothing super exciting is going on. Just working, getting my school done and trying to stay in shape. My back has been a little better, so I have been able to do kettlebell and other exercises with weights. It feels good to be active again. My foot still keeps getting sore if I run or walk too much, so I have to take it easy on sports that strain my feet.

To stay healthy, I have also started to do "Celery Tuesdays & Thursdays". On those days I eat more veggies and skip all unnecessary unhealthy stuff. My coworker started to call my meal plan "Celery Tuesday / Thursday" because I'd bring celery sticks to work to snack on them while working. The distinct smell of celery lingered into my coworkers cubicle to bug her. Well, at least she always know if it is Tuesday or Thursday, plus reminds her that she should eat more veggies too.
I have noticed that I feel better and lighter after eating more vegetables and drinking more water and tea. I used to eat fairly good to begin with but I have still noticed a difference between before and after. I just have more energy and I feel lighter. Plus I haven't been sick with flus or colds this winter (*yey*).

That's about it all right now. Here's couple pictures that I have already shared on Instagram. I feel bad not to share anything new but I don't have other pictures right now. It has been crappy lighting (*no sun*) lately and I haven't been taking many pictures.

Super delicious strawberry-banana smoothie with cottage cheese to add more protein.

Sunday morning snow storm surprise. I went to take Jinx out and got bombarded with tons of snow. Then it all melted.

Bacon bits baked into pancakes. Brilliant and so delish!! I never said I'd give up treats all together (*wink*).

Early morning selfie on Tuesday.

Yummy breakfast with pureed strawberries and cottage cheese with sprinkle of chia seeds.

At work with my bitch heels. I had a bad day and needed more "oomph" to get through the day,

Happy weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment