Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Sporty Vacation At Peurunka Spa Hotel Part 4

Hello!

Remember my sporty vacation at Peurunka last November? I had a week worth of  sports, good food and other fun activities. My friend and I got this vacation sponsored by our employer. After our week back in the fall, we got ourselves instructions how to improve our health for the next 6 months. We were told what are the right heart rates we should exercise in as well as how much to do cardio and strength training.

I wanted to give my best for this exercise plan and that partly explains why I haven't been that active on my blog. My friend and I have been exercising 5 times a week with two active rest days. We have been adding more cardio like spinning and Les Mills Body Combat classes, and also done kettlebell and Les Mills Body Pump classes.

Last weekend we had a chance to see the results because we went back to Peurunka for new physical tests. It was great! Our tests scores showed that our oxygen intake had improved a lot. I also have gained a bit of muscle and lost a little bit of fat. It feels great to know that our hard work has payed off.

It was so awesome to be back at Peurunka Spa Hotel because it is located in such a beautiful spot; lots of lush green woods and a sparkling big lake. Peurunka really gave its' best in May with all the sunshine. We really enjoyed our time and relaxation a lot! Back in November we were getting ready to a long winter and now we felt like we made it through and this weekend was a good start to summer.

I have some pictures to share as usual. I hope you enjoy them!

Peurunka Spa Hotel

We got to enjoy 3 meals a day again. Yum!

View from our balcony.

Such a great weekend! I was all smiles!

After the physical tests we made sure to relax in the sun. The weather was superb as you can see.



We also had a drink for good job done. Cheers!

More food (*giggle*).

Ahh, relaxing and enjoying the view.

I hope we will have a sunny summer this year. At least we have a good start to it.

I scream for ice cream! Yum!

Finnish nature as its' best.

Lake water is really cold still.

Dandelions were also loving the sun.

A hot air balloon gliding through the clear skies.

It was also the time for World Championship Hockey games. Too bad team Finland didn't win. We tried our best to cheer them on.

Little night time fun at a karaoke bar with our work mates.

Sunday morning was gloomy but it didn't rain plus it was warm.

We went to try how it is to row a long boat. It definitely needs a lot of group effort (*giggle*).

Row! Row! Row!

That was my weekend, what did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment