Hooray! I finally finished Jinx's new sweater and I think it turned out pretty good. Here are the actual instructions I kinda followed and then pictures showing how I actually made the sweater. The instructions are in Finnish but you can easily make it just by looking at the pictures because the number of the loops totally depends on the size of the dog and the thickness of the yarn you are using.



Close up on the knitting:

The are the two pieces I needed for the this sweater. The smaller one is for the belly side and the bigger is for the back. I was supposed to make two rectangles but I actually contoured the bigger piece because Jinx's front is much bigger than his back end. Pitbulls usually have very strong necks.
Here you can see the contouring better.
Then I stiched the smaller belly piece to the bigger back piece.
Here's a picture of the seam inside out.
After that I just knitted the collar and sleeves. I picked the loops for the neck/sleeves on the side of the holes I had created for the head/legs and then started knitting as normal. Here's the finished sweater.
Here's the happy new owner of the sweater. Jinx loves the turtle neck!
He liked it so much he was wagging his tail the whole time.
"I'm ready for the winter"
If you have any questions about making a doggie sweater, just let me know. I will try to help. Have a lovely Tuesday!
Close up on the knitting:

The are the two pieces I needed for the this sweater. The smaller one is for the belly side and the bigger is for the back. I was supposed to make two rectangles but I actually contoured the bigger piece because Jinx's front is much bigger than his back end. Pitbulls usually have very strong necks.
Here you can see the contouring better.
Then I stiched the smaller belly piece to the bigger back piece.
Jinx looks so sweet!!! So sweet!
ReplyDeleteThank you! He is such a darling dog!
ReplyDeleteKiva villapusero!!Jinx niin suloisen näköinen!Mun täytyy kans ostaa tota lankaa ja neuloo pojille villikset!
ReplyDeleteKiitos! Tämä kyl onnistui aika hyvin. Mut tuo lanka voi olla liian paksua niin pienen paidan tekoon kuin mitä sun chihut tarvitsee. Varsinkin hihoista voi tulla aika tönköt.
ReplyDelete