Sunday, October 16, 2011

Picture Gallery of Gorgeous Autumn

Lazy Sunday... I won't write much today because one picture tells more than thousand words...
I went for a slow little walk around the neighborhood with Jinx... We were amazed with the nature... Just check out these awesome colors that we have in Finland this autumn... I also found couple cute autumn poems online, so I thought I share them with you today. Enjoy!




Autumn leaves
fall to the ground.
There is nothing
but a sound
and some colors
all around.
Bringing peace and joy to the world
they dance through the wind.
~anonymous~







When the trees their summer splendor
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year.
~Charlotte L. Riser~







Leaves in the autumn came tumbling down,
Scarlet and yellow, russet and brown,
Leaves in the garden were swept in a heap,
Trees were undressing, ready for sleep.
~anonymous~

















"Come," said the Wind to the Leaves one day.
"Come over the meadow and we will play.
Put on your dresses of red and gold.
For summer is gone and the days grow cold."
~anonymous~













I'd like to take October days
And store them in my mind,
To warm me during Winter's reign
When nature proves unkind.

Then I remember sunshine,
The Autumn rich with gold,
And tawny fields a-flower
With wonders quite untold.
~Virginia Borman Grimmer~

4 comments: