Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fun Night With Hockey and Dancing

Hello!

I just woke up... a fun night takes its toll and you have to sleep in. Last night was superb!! We went to see the KalPa-Saipa hockey game. Our seats were really good; we were on the top row of B1-section at the Kuopio hockey rink. You could see the game very well. We had a nice group of friends, total of 3 couples.

The game itself could have been better. KalPa was leading 2-0 at the second period but they were playing pretty bad. Eventually Saipa tied the game because they were playing better as a team. KalPa had some odd passes and they lost the puck few times too. I wonder if KalPa had problems playing against a team who is not as good as they are (Saipa is at the bottom of the league right now). Maybe there wasn't the skill and the roughness of the good teams' games, and that's why KalPa lost its great playing skills momentarily. Or it was a sucky night and next game will be better. Funny thing is though that KalPa is travelling to Lappeenranta today to play against Saipa again tonight. I'm interested to see what happens...

Anyway, KalPa won after a round of penalty shots. The final score was 3-2.
Here's few pics from the game.











Our night didn't end after the game. We were super hungry because it was already late and none of us had had proper dinner yet. So we headed to a Mexican themed restaurant called Amarillo. Others ate some crazy hot spicy stuff but I had a delicious premium burger and fries. Yummy!
Usually after the dinner is my time to head home because I'm not a night time person but this time I had promised my friend Klaara to go dancing. We left the boys to talk about engine oil and guitar strings at a local pub and we headed to this one club. It was so much fun to dance the night away! I love to dance and I usually don't stay at bars unless I get to dance. Just sitting at a table talking and drinking isn't my thing. I tend to fall asleep (*giggle*).
I wasn't drinking and Klaara only had couple drinks, so we were sober but rest of the crowd wasn't. We had so much fun watching all the drunk Finns dancing. It is the season of Christmas parties and the whole club was full of xmas partying work groups. Most of them were bit older than us and they clearly don't go dancing too often. Once they do go out, it is a hilarious sight. Old dudes trying to shake their butts in stiff suits. Old ladies with the sparkly xmas tops getting low on the dance floor. You get the picture. Just too funny! We really laughed our asses off. But it was nice to dance among the older folks because we didn't have too many creepy guys trying to hit on us. Just us girls having fun!
Then I started to get the yawns and it was time to take a cab back home. What a great night!!!


Today I don't have much plans. Just walking Jinx and maybe watching a movie later on. Basically just chilling. I wish my imaginary maid would do our laundry because the pile is getting bigger and bigger. I guess I have to do it at some point. Damn imaginary maids! They are so lazy now days (*wink*)! And no, I haven't gone nuts and started to talk about maids that don't exist. My sisters and I just came to the conclusion that it feels better to blame an imaginary maid for the chores not done than blaming you or your spouse. Smart idea, huh?

Have Silly Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. my imaginary maid is letting our laundry pile up too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to find good imaginary help now days. No matter how much you pay them, the laundry just keeps piling up and the dishes are always dirty!

    ReplyDelete