Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Great Kuopio Fair 19th of November

Hello!

Here are the fair pictures that I promised yesterday.

I wore my black poncho to the fair because it was warm enough to walk to the sports hall and cooler than a coat indoors. I also wore a cute black rose on my knitted hat. Just to add on the chic (*wink*).

The fair was held at this big sports hall because you never know about the weather in Finland around November. It can be very fickle. It is nicer to walk around the fair indoors than outdoors in slushy snow.

Here's the left side of the sports hall and all the vendors.
And here's the right side. You can buy basically anything from these fairs. From jewelry to candy and from wool socks to vacuum cleaner bags.
This time they had quite a many foreign vendors like this Best of British that sold British jelly, honey, cheese and even porcelain. 

The vendors didn't speak any Finnish, only English because they were really from UK.

We bought some yummy British cheddar.

This vendor had a ton of warm wool slippers.

There were a ton of candy vendors.













This vendor was my favorite. The British fudge shop.












So many flavors of fudge!


A vendor from Holland. They also had some cheese and as well as salami.
















We bought this British cheddar because Finns don't really make cheddar at all.


Then we also bought some yummy Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano. So delicious! I guess I'm cooking something Italian next week.


The fair is still going on in Kuopio today, so if you are in town, go check it out. There is no entrance fee.

2 comments: