Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stretch Of The Day / Hot Stretching

Excellent morning to you!

I have found my bliss. Something so wonderful and relaxing. And yes, I'm talking about my Hot stretching class that I attended with my friend Lotta last night. Neither of us had tried it before but we were both in need for stretching because our muscles were sore from workouts earlier this week. I also needed to relax because it has been busy at work and I was getting cranky. My back has been sore again too (*sad face*).

There is only one gymnasium that offers Hot-classes in Kuopio right now. It is called Physio Trainer and it is located conveniently right downtown near my work. Physio Trainer isn't very big but it is cute and charming sports place with good selection of different kind of fitness classes, gym and personal training. The owners of the gymnasium are young, outgoing and they don't only manage the place but they are also teaching the actual classes. That way the services they offer are very down to earth yet hip and easy to approach. You can give ideas, ask questions and give feedback to the trainer/owner right after the class. This way you get the most of out your workout. They also have physical therapist, massage and spa services offered at the same facility by other entrepreneurs.


Last night's Hot stretching class was from 5.15pm to 18.15pm. The room was heated to 32C/89F degrees. The only equipment that was needed for the class were comfortable clothes (I wore simple little workout top and cropped pants, no socks), exercise mat, water bottle and a towel.
After the class I was laughing because I didn't need my towel because I wasn't sweating much at all. The heat didn't feel bad, it felt just perfect! When I walked into the warm room I felt good right away and I loved it! It felt like I have come home. I really, really hate the cold (*giggle*).


There were only 4 of us attending to the class. That's why I like this gym! It is not too big. With small classes you get more personal training. That is important to me because of my bad back.
Our trainer Anni started the class with simple leg stretches. Then we moved on to our buttocks, back, shoulders, neck and so on. Since heat and the fact that it is an hour long class, we did the stretches gently by taking our time. We concentrated on breathing in through our noses and then breathing out from the mouth. In the end of the class we had a short relaxation exercise that gave us a chance just to lay on our mats with the lights dimmed and soft tropical spa music playing on the back ground.

I felt like I was reborn after the class. I was blissful and relaxed. My muscles felt great! Everybody should attend to this class once a week. Nothing is better than having an hour for yourself in the middle of the week. There is just you concentrating on breathing and stretching. There are no interruptions or stress. I will definitely take this class again and I will also try out the other Hot-classes as well. Physio Trainer offers Hot Pilates and Hot Yoga. I have found my cure for the cold winter blues (*wink*).


The next couple days I will take some time off from exercising because I have other plans. First I'm going to our company's Christmas party tonight. I'm excited because I get to wear my new dress, plus there will be a lot of ice cream for dessert. Yummy! Then tomorrow night we will go see the KalPa-Saipa hockey game. And I think we will hang out with some friends on Saturday. I can't wait for all the fun stuff!

Have a great Thursday! Also, don't forget to find your own hour of relaxation because it does wonders to you. Oh, and HAPPY TURKEY DAY to everybody in the USA!!

2 comments:

  1. Jeeeiiii!! I am so happy hear that you loved it. And I know exactly what you mean with I felt like a newborn-comment. It is the best (well almost) feeling you can get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome!! :) We need to go together sometime.

    ReplyDelete