Saturday, April 21, 2012

Early Saturday Morning's Odds And Ends

Good Saturday morning!

I figured that I should write few lines before I get going to Lappeenranta. I know it is really early morning but I have always been a morning person. I'm up and running as soon as my alarm clock goes off, so I might as well write my blog before my friends pick me up. Anyway, I wanted to sum up this weeks odds and ends...

This week I have been falling in love with all the bright summer colors! Especially hues of orange and coral. Mavala had a sale on their awesome little nail polishes and I couldn't decide what color to get, so I got three of them. Aren't they just so cute that you want to lick them like ice cream (*giggle*). I love the names of the polishes too! Too bad I'm not going to one of these places today... But I guess Lappeenranta will be a fun city too (*not so sure about it*). I just hope it will be sunny...


I'm wishing for warmer weather because I just bought this yummy tank top from H&M. I had a coupon for 5 euro discount, so only ended up spending 1,60 euros. Not too bad. I'm wearing this top today regardless of the weather.


I figured I will wear my lace cardigan with the top, and a pair of comfy jeans. We are sitting in a car for fours hours after all. I don't want to wear anything uncomfortable.



I also dug out my summer beaded bracelets. I love them! They add such a fun detail to any outfit. I usually don't wear a lot of bracelets during the week because they make a lot of noise when you type on a computer because the bracelet keeps hitting the key board. But on my time off, and especially in the summer, I'm all for big jewelry with trinkets and beads.

It is actually a good trick to wear bold jewelry and big sun glasses in the summer. Since you will look so great and well accessorized, people around you won't pay attention to the fact that you are not wearing much make up (*or any at all*). At least I don't want to cake my face with a lot of make up in the summer but I do want to look stylish. So, I opt for big sun glasses and pair of summery earrings. I'm always ready to go have fun in no time.



Another awesome part of this week was this delicious pizza from Ykköspizza. They are the only place in Kuopio that knows how to make pizza. It tastes as good as pizza in the USA. The trick is to order the pizza in normal size but as a pan pizza. They don't advertise on their menu for pan pizzas but if you know to ask for it, they will make it for you.
Ykköspizza is a little hole in the wall in the suburbs of Kuopio. The place looks run down but don't let it fool you, their food is awesome. I promise you that this is really the best pizza in Kuopio, or maybe in Finland all together (*smile*). They also deliver for free in the city of Kuopio, so we put in an order for couple pizzas last night.


My favorite pizza toppings are pepperoni, mushrooms, ham and bell peppers. I know I always tell that I like to eat healthy but I also know when to let loose. Pizza slice here and there won't kill me. Besides, I can only eat one slice of this thick pizza. So, this pizza really feeds me for 3-4 days (*giggle*).


Last but not least... MeNaiset wrote on their this week's issue that Bubble Tea is getting popular around the world! This Taiwanese tea with little tapioca pearls (hence the name Bubble Tea) is served cold and you drink it with a straw, so you can suck up the tapioca pearls through it. I guess people are finally finding out how yummy they are.


It is really funny to hear about Bubble Tea taking over the world right now because Scott and I have been drinking them for years. Every time when we visit Chicago, we go to the Chinatown to Joy Yee's Noodles to eat a great meal and to drink a cold refreshing Bubble Tea. Here's us last time in Chicago in 2008. It has been a long time but in 35 days we will be there again... I can't wait!



Scott and I have been talking about making our own Bubble Tea too. We even bought tapioca pearls. Once we get around making Bubble Tea, I will surely blog about it. That's all for this weekend. Now I'm off to Lappeenranta. Bye!

3 comments:

  1. I did not know that tea was called bubble tea. I always referred to it as an eye ball soup. My sister and her friend Ana, who is spannish, took Ana's parents to enjoy this tea in LA. The parents were not too thrilled about it as it looked like "eye ball soup" to them. All three of us have been referring to the tea with the term Ana's parents invented. And it makes us laugh every single time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! Eye ball soup... Whatever the name is, I still like them. I wish we would have bubble tea in Finland too!

    ReplyDelete