Hello and excellent Friday to everyone!
I'm in a good mood since it is in fact Friday. Weekend is almost here (*smile*). Tomorrow I will take a trip with my coworkers to the city of Lappeenranta. We'll have a meeting for our union there. It will be fun since we'll have a car full of girls. It will take about 4 hours to get to Lappeenranta and that gives is us plenty of time for girl talk (*wink*). If I'll have time, I will take pictures but I might not because our meeting schedule is pretty tight and I don't think we will have much time around the city.
Anyway, I'm also in a great mood because my the skin on my face has been in a great shape! I haven't had much zits and it is not dry either. I think this is partly because I have been taking my dietary supplements that I ordered from iHerb. I have meant to make a post about them for 2 weeks now but I have been too busy. But I actually think it is a good thing that I didn't make a post as soon as I got my order from iHerb because I couldn't have told you any of the effects that these supplements have had on me.
Here's the first supplement that I ordered; Super Omega-3 capsules made by LifeExtension. Did you know that human body needs fatty acids to survive and is able to make all but two of them: linoleic acid (LA), in the omega-6 family, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) in the omega-3 family. These two fatty acids must be supplied by the diet and are therefore considered essential fatty acids.
Health benefits from omega-3 fatty acids include a lowered risk of heart disease, reduced risk and symptoms of cancer and improved cognitive and behavioural functions. My eye doctor also told me that omega-3 fatty acids help to moisturize dry eyes.
Here's the bottle. It has 120 capsules. The daily dosage is 2 capsules.
The capsules are quite large. I call them horse pills (*giggle*). They are pretty easy to swallow though.
My second supplement is zinc made by Now Foods. Zinc is an essential mineral that is found in almost every cell. It activates over 100 enzymes. Zinc is important for hair and skin health, eyesight, cognitive functions, and even taste and smell. However, the most immediately observable effect is the impact on your immune system. There have been many studies examining the relationship between zinc and the immune system. Studies have found that the immune system is negatively affected by a moderate zinc deficiency.
Here's the zinc bottle. It has 100 capsules and the daily dosage is 1 capsule.
These zinc capsules are easy to swallow because they are smaller than the omega-3 capsules.
My third supplement, and the one that I was most excited to buy, is the Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and Propolis- capsules. I hadn't tried them before but I had heard good things about them. Also Gwyneth Paltrow was telling about bee products on her blog, and that got me very interested. I ordered Y.S Eco Bee Farms Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen, Propolis and Korean Ginseng capsules.
-Propolis
Bees collect resin from trees and plants and combine it to seal and sterilize their hive. Propolis is rich in vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidant phytonutrients and flavonoids.
-Bee Pollen
Bees are selective about the pollen that they collect from flowers to take back to their hive. They collect pollen on their legs and take it back to the hive where it is mixed with honey and traces of propolis, and then fed to larvae for their growth and development. This substance contains amino acids, vitamins B, C, D, E and anti-oxidants.
-Royal Jelly
This is what only the queen bee eats. It’s produced by a gland on the worker bee and is packed full of Vitamins A, B and E and anti-oxidants.
-Gingseng
This is a licorice-flavored herb used for medicinal purposes. It helps against symptoms of weakness like fatigue, poor appetite, shortness of breath and low resistance to infections. Other ginseng health benefits include enhancement of memory and cognitive functions. You should take gingseng only for few weeks at the time and then take a break from it because it is not healthy to take gingseng all the time.
Here's the bottle. It has 90 capsules and the daily dosages is 2 capsules. I will take these for 45 days straight and then take a break from them.
Capsules are easy to swallow even though they are medium sized.
These capsules smell fairly strong but they don't taste bad when swallowed.
I have now taken all these supplements for 2 weeks. It feels kinda weird and stupid to be swallowing a handful of pills in the morning (I jokingly call it my breakfast) but I have noticed some positive changes, so I'll keep taking them for another couple of weeks.
I can see that the skin on my face has cleared up. I have never had many zits and I have had fairly good skin to begin with but after taking these pills, it is even better. It is said that zinc and bee products are known as beauty suppliments, and after trying them I think that they truly are! My skin looks smoother and healthier. My nails are also a bit stronger than usual.
I'm not sure if the bee products have helped against my allergies but they haven't made them worse. I have allergies every spring and this year is no exception. I was a bit unsure first if it was safe for me to take products that are full of pollen that I'm really allergic to, but I was just fine. I didn't get any alarming symptoms (e.g difficulty to breath, swelling of my throat).
Riittalicious gives two thumbs up for these supplements. Anybody who takes them just needs to remember to take them periodically (not all the time), and to check with their physician first (about taking them) if there are any underlying diseases or medication. Plus it is always important to remember that pills never replace a balanced nutrition that you get from real food. Pills only help along with otherwise healthy lifestyle and good eating habits.
Have a lovely weekend!!













Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article.....
ReplyDeleteiherb Reward