Hello!
What a crappy weather it has been in Finland today! But that's ok because I'm off work for few days and I don't have to ride my bike in the rain. I had some vacation days I had to use up, so I decided to spend the last days of April at home and do chores that have needed to be done quite some time now.
I need to wash all the winter gear (pants, jackets, gloves and hats) and then pack them up in the storage to wait for the next winter. Then I will get out the summer clothes. I hope the weather warms up soon because I want to start wearing my summer stuff.
I also have to wash couple of our rugs that somehow have little paw prints all over them. Jinx has been getting his paws wet outside and the walking around the house afterwards. I decided to start all the washing with Jinx since he is the one with muddy paws. So, it was shower night for Jinxie tonight! He doesn't like getting wet but he behaves well once in the shower. Then he pouts when he has to wait to dry off. He is so funny!
Anyway, I did have a point for my post today. I actually have two good buys that I made today and I want to share them with you. First one is a great pillow from Unikulma. When I went to Lappeenranta this past weekend, our group stayed at a hotel that had these awesome pillows. I felt super rested after sleeping there and I wanted to get myself the same pillow. First I thought just taking the pillow in my hotel room but since I'm a good girl, I didn't do it. But I did ask the hotel's reception if they sell the pillows there (don't laugh! some hotels do that) but they didn't. The reception was nice enough to tell me that I could purchase these pillows from this Finnish company called Unikulma. I was so happy when I heard that (*giggle*).
It is really important to sleep well (if you don't know why, read my past post about Good Night's Sleep) and a good pillow helps you to do that. My old pillow was already too flat, and I woke up with a stiff neck on most of the mornings. It was really a time to buy a new one and I'm glad I found this one.
I'm really picky about my pillows and I don't let anyone else sleep on my pillow.
The store where I got my pillow.
This pillow only costs 16 euros and you can choose the softness of the pillow. They have three options; soft, medium, hard.
I bought a pillow for Scott too.
I used our Moomin pillow cases.
It is really hard to take a picture of yourself when you are sleeping (*wink*). But here I am, ready for some sweet dreams.
My second good buy is the newest Sophie Kinsella book that I ordered from Play.com. Sophie Kinsella has written the well known Shopaholic-books and every now and then she writes other books too. I like her style of writing because it is easy to read and very entertaining. It is Chick Lit as its best or worst, depends if you like it or not. I like to read her books when travelling because they are so easy to follow and it doesn't matter if you get disturbed while reading. I usually read while waiting to board the plain etc.
This newest book is called I've Got Your Number and it was released on February 14th 2012. I actually don't know much about the plot but it has gotten great reviews online. I'm not going to read the book now because I will save it for our trip to the US. Once I'm back from there, I can make another post to share my thoughts about the book.
This is the front cover.
At least the synopsis on the back cover seems funny!
I ordered the book in paperback, so it will be easier to travel with.
That's it for today. If you don't hear from me for the rest of the week, I'm busy organizing our storage. I will also need to go to the store to get all the yummy new ice cream flavors that Ingman has for this spring/summer. But I will let you know more about the ice creams later on. My niece is also coming in town on Thursday, so I will be busy, busy, busy...









really like the cute pillow cases!
ReplyDelete