Thursday, April 26, 2012

World Championship Hockey Games Start In 7 Days!!

Hello!

I'm all done with washing laundry and cleaning. Now it is time for the fun stuff. I'm just waiting for my niece to get here, so we can then spend some serious girl time by shopping, polishing our nails and going to the movies.

While I'm waiting, I figured I will list all the preliminary round hockey games for team Finland on the upcoming World Championship Hockey Games 2012. They are starting in a week! Wohoo! Here are the dates, teams and the channel that will show the game for free in Finland. These are the

* 4.5.2012 at 8.15pm Belarus vs. Finland, AVA
* 6.5.2012 at 4.15pm Finland vs. Slovakia, MTV3
* 8.5.2012 at 8.15pm Finland vs. Switzerland, AVA
* 10.5.2012 at 8.15pm France vs. Finland, AVA
* 11.5.2012 at 8.15pm Finland vs. Canada, AVA
* 13.5.2012 at 4.15pm Finland vs. USA, MTV3
* 14.5.2012 at 8.15pm Kazakhstan vs. Finland, AVA


It will be fun watch all those games. Especially the ones against Canada and USA. Everybody always asks us if we fight at home when Finland plays against USA. Well, let's just say that we let the better team win. We might be verbally bit rough with each other's team but in the end it is just a game. Even though I might pout for a while if Finland doesn't win (*wink*).


So, I'm all excited and ready for the games. Only one thing that I'm missing is a real hockey jersey. I have wanted one for quite some time but I haven't had the money to buy it. Maybe this year... I like team Finland's home game shirt. It just looks the best! They also have the away game jersey that is darker because it is blue with white accents. Then for girly girls they offer a jersey in pink but I'm not too into it. I want to show off the Finnish colors of white and blue.


If you didn't know, team Finland is also known "the Lions" or "the Finnish Lions". As you can see they have a picture of a lion on their jerseys. Since Finland is hosting this years World Championship games, they released this promo for the games. It is bit corny but entertaining. Basically the other teams are saying that they are hunting for the lions, and then in the end the Finnish coach says that "You're welcome to come and try".



The games will be exciting regardless who is in the Finnish team but I must say that I'm bit disappointed that Tuomo Ruutu isn't joining the team. I like to watch him play because he is a good player and very appealing to the eye (*giggle*).


Other players who aren't joining the team are the legendary Teemu Selänne and the very talented Saku Koivu. They will be missed as well. Oh well, I guess they need to give some ice time to the younger players. 

That's it for today! If you don't hear from me for the next few days, I'm busy with my darling niece. I'm also busy counting down days to the hockey games (7 days left) and to our trip to the USA (30 days left). Happy Thursday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment