Hello!
Our trip to the USA comes nearer and nearer (*one more day*), and that is why I already started to pack my carry on bag. I also decided to take pictures to show everyone what I like to pack for a long flight.
I try to be as organized as I can, so I can find things from my bag quickly when needed. I have noticed that it is the best to pack things into small little bags and put those inside one big bag. That way you are able to navigate through your things easily. For example; I have a little flowery make up bag, silver pouch for my electronics, black leather clutch for feminine products and medicine, plus of course a clear plastic zip lock for liquids. Anyway, here's what I'm taking with me this time...
1) A big bag with a lot of pockets.
This is my new MicMac bag that I bought. I like it because it has a zipper, so anything important can't fall out. It also has many pockets. I can carry this bag from the two handles or from a separate long strap that can also be taken out.
2) Sanitizers.
I never travel without a sanitizer for my hands. I guess I'm bit of a germaphobic.
This Bath and Bodyworks little sanitizer bottle is easy to take a long and it smells good.
Along with the liquid sanitizer, I also pack along these sanitizing wipes that can be used to wipe serving trays or anything in a nasty public bathroom.
I like to file my nails often, and there is nothing but time on an airplane, so I might as well take care of my nails. Also, nothing annoys me more than a broken nail and I like to fix my uneven nail as soon as possible.
4) Tissues.
My nose is runny a lot if times due to allergies or cold weather. I carry a pack of tissues with me at all times.
5) Passport.
Never leave you home without a passport if you are traveling abroad.
6) Cash.
I always have a little bit of cash with me, not a lot but enough to take care little purchases or to pay tips.
7) Travel documents.
Even if I have e-tickets for my flights, I still print out a confirmation and bring it with me. I also take along a proof of my travel insurance as well as copies of my prescriptions for medicine. Customs can check if you have a reason to bring medicine into the country and as long as you can show your prescription, you should be ok.
8) Magazines and essential make up.
For a long flight, I always bring a magazine with me. When I get bored of watching a in-flight movie, I can read about latest fashion. I also pack my essentials for makeup. I usually don't wear much make up when boarding the plane because a long flight will destroy your make up anyway. I do my make up once we are closer to landing.
9) Book.
Besides a magazine, I often bring a book with me as well. I especially like to read Sophie Kinsella's books on my travels. They are funny and easy to read. For some reason her latest book is very large. I ordered a paperback thinking that it will be small and easy to take with me but it is actually pretty big. Oh well, I'll do my best to make it fit in my bag.
10) Sleeping mask.
I like to sleep a lot but sometimes it is hard if there is too much light. My cute purple sleeping mask helps me to fall asleep easier. I'm also taking my pillow with me. It is nice to be able to fall asleep on your own pillow.
11) Tooth brush and tooth paste.
After sleeping in an airplane, or anywhere really, your breath isn't so fresh anymore. That is why I bring my tooth brush and tooth paste with me.
12) Wool socks.
I'm often cold in air planes. That is why I travel with wool socks in my bag.
I can slip them on when my toes are freezing. These socks are awesome because
they look like sneakers.
13) Flip flops.
Opposite of the wool socks. Flip flops are easy and light option for footwear. I usually wear sneakers
while traveling but I like to be able to change my shoes if my feet feel
tired or too hot. Also a lot of times it is much colder in Finland than our
destination country. So, when we arrive to our destination, I quickly slip
into my flip flops.
14) Ear plugs.
Make sure to have ear plugs with you and you will sleep like a baby. Even if there is a crying baby next to you (*wink*).
15) Healthy snacks.
I don't operate well if I don't eat every couple of hours. Apples and healthy snack bars are my favorites to take along.
I also like to have protein bars with me. They curb your hunger well as well as provide you with much needed protein.
Even though it is frustrating to stuff extra clothes in your carry on, I still do it. It is nice to be able to have clean clothes to change into when your luggage gets lost or if you are stuck at airport for a long time. Or if you accidentally spill something on your shirt. I usually have a pair of leggings, long shirt, pair of socks and underwear plus a silk scarf (it keeps you warm when you are cold, and it cools you down when you are hot). Keep it simple!
17) Tea bags.
Call me weird or picky but I like to have my own favorite tea with me. I only need hot water to have a fresh cup of my favorite tea.
18) Essential liquids.
Due the air traffic regulations, you need to pack liquids in a clear plastic bag. Check the exact rules from your airline. Here's my liquids bag. It has my eye drops (never fly without them, airplane air is so dry), hand sanitizer, lip gloss, Bepanthen cream (miracle cream that I always have with me, works for babies to grandmoms), deo, nose spray and body lotion.
I love these gel eye drops. They work wonders for my dry eyes.
19) Medicine and feminine products.
I inherited this leather clutch from my grandmom. I like to use it for my necessary medicine, bandages and feminine products. It also doubles as a night time clutch, so I don't need to take a separate bag for evening wear. I also always have a mini brush and hair ties. And if you were wondering, I keep ibuprofen in my little red kitty cat pill box. Isn't it cute?
20) Technical stuff.
For my technical stuff I bought this handy silver pouch. I keep my cell phone charger, USB cable and my Skullcandy head phones there. I also have a micro fibre cloth that I use to clean the screen on my smart phone. When traveling abroad I also bring along an adapter for all the electrical plugs. And I like to take my traditional camera as well, even though I take a lot of pictures with my cell phone.
There you go, my carry on bag revealed to everybody. If I only had my carry on bag, I could still manage couple days without any trouble. Now I just need to start packing my actual suit case... That should be easy though. I'm trying to pack as little as possible because I want to buy new clothes once we're in the US.
I'll try to make few posts on road but I won't promise it will be every day. I'm going to be busy vacationing (*giggle*).
I wish everybody a happy weekend!






Kaikki noiko mahtu tohon laukkuus..hi..:-D:-D:-D:-O:-O:-O:-O
ReplyDeleteMahtui ihan helposti! Ja mahdutinpa mukaan myös lankakerän ja virkkauskoukun.
ReplyDeletelove the bag. i noticed it at lunch :) and cute kitty pill purse :)
ReplyDelete