Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nature's Gem; Sea-BuckThorn Berries

Good Day Everyone!

Check out these gorgeous sea-buckthorn berries that are growing by our home. I was walking Jinx last night and I stopped by the bush where they grow and ate some of them. Sea-buckthorn berries don't taste really good but they are super healthy!


According to www.liveandfeel.com, sea buckthorn is an energizer, anti-anemic, abundant in vitamins, anti-inflammatory herb, and it also decreases appetite (in cases of treatments against obesity). At the same time it speeds up the recovery process after an illness, it's a good coronary protector and it can also slow down the aging process.

Due to the presence of a large amount of vitamins that it contains (C, A, B1, B2, B6, B9, E, K, P, F, as well as phosphoric microelements, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and sodium), sea buckthorn is used effectively in treating liver failures, improving the detoxification of the hepatic cell. It contributes to the synthetization of proteins and through the considerable amount of carotene that it contains, it's also effective at preventing cancer. Furthermore it gives a relaxing sensation with slightly narcotic effects.


Some of that information I already knew but some of it was new to me, but basically these little berries are real gems of the nature! I will keep eating them even though the taste is bit sour. By the way, I also have learned that you should also eat&chew the seeds in the sea-buckthorn berries because most of the good stuff is inside the seed. And did you know that you only need few of these berries per day to get your daily dosage of vitamin C for example. Real super food if you ask me (*wink*).



I already made a date with couple of my friends to go pick sea-buckthorn berries next Monday. We will freeze them and then eat them during the long winter in Finland. Maybe they will help us stay healthier. Yey berries!

No comments:

Post a Comment