Friday, August 24, 2012

Trend Watch / Leather, Rich Deep Colors And Thick Materials

Hello, hello!

It is once again Friday, the happiest day of the week! But this morning I'm bit tired since we went to see the movie Ted late last night. But more about that later...
Right now I want to show you my awesome new purse. I know I shouldn't be buying much since my fun funds are still low but I got this one with discounted price since I did the Pogostick Failure fashion show few weeks ago. I love this purse!! It is made out of recycled leather and it is super soft (* I love leather, and to my luck this fall all leather things are very in fashion*). It is also a perfect size to hold my most important items that I need when I'm around town. I snapped quite many pictures because I really, really like it.








I must be really lucky because not only I got that awesome purse with a discount but I got this cute little black dress from my friend Anu (*thanks sweetie*). She said she didn't wear it herself and asked if I would like to have it. Of course I did. I love dresses with long sleeves. Plus it is always good to have an extra LBD (little black dress) in your wardrobe.

Cute, isn't it? I love the turtleneck and that fact how the dress hugs my body. Anyway, have you noticed how this fall's fashion is full of rich almost jewel like colors. That is why I decided to pair this cute black little number with blue tights and a purple suede jacket. I have had this jacket for many years and I'm glad I haven't gotten rid of it because now my jacket is actually in fashion (*like I really care, giggle*). My jacket is deep purple and it is made out suede. Besides rich colors, this fall is full of thick materials like suede or wool. Yey! At least this fall's fashion fits like a glove in cold Finland.
Oh, and since sequins are in as well, I threw in a light purple sequined scarf! Anyhow... here's more pictures.

 

 

There you go, Riittalicious ready for a crispy fall day. I'm not excited about the cold weather but I'm glad that fashion is into thick and voluminous furry sweaters.
Right now I'm day dreaming about a gorgeous and softer than soft cashmere sweater. I can see how I would wear it with anything, it would look great with jeans or a skirt. Maybe I would tie a thin belt over the sweater and emphasise my waist. Or if I was really cold, I would wear it under a jacket... Girl can always dream! The harsh reality is that real 100% cashmere costs a lot (*damn*).

Anyway, weekend is here! Wohoo! I want to sleep in tomorrow. Then if it is a good weather I want to go check out a fall harvest festival that is going on in Kuopio this weekend. That's my plan for the next couple of days.
What are you doing?

2 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! I have couple of black dresses I can wear to work but before I can do that I need to buy some funky coloured tights. I´ll send you a pic of my look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie! I can't wait for your picture. :)

    ReplyDelete