Monday, September 17, 2012

Note To Self: Hand Is Not An Oven Mitt, Part 2

Hello

How was your weekend? Mine was great. I managed to do a lot and I had fun. Yet I found myself sitting on a couch Sunday night and holding my thumb in a glass of cold water. Say what?!? Yes, my thumb in a glass of cold water. To tell you the story what happened, let's rewind a bit and I'll explain...


14th of September, Friday night 6pm: I managed to bake a delicious ham-pepperoni pizza for a quick dinner. I topped it with rucola for extra yumminess. 


15th of September, Saturday morning 11.30 am: We slept in late and then ate a breakfast of the champions that I cooked. Greasy bacon, hearty eggs, toast and coffee. No people or animals were harmed in the making of this breakfast. Well, unless you count in Jinx who begged for food but didn't get any.



15th of September, Saturday night 7pm: Since one of my good friends was coming over, I decided to bake superduper delicious dark and white chocolate chip cookies. I didn't burn one single cookie nor my fingers. 




15th of September, Saturday night 7-8pm: While the cookies were baking the oven, I wrapped a present for my friend (who was coming over) because it was her birthday. I bought her this beautiful handmade necklace from my other friend who has a cute blog called It's just another (nail)blog (*I told you about this blog and about my friend on a previous post about my favorite blogs*). She is so awesome because she makes jewelry according to your wishes. I specifically asked that the little crystal on this necklace should be turquoise, and she made it happen. Anyway, the point was that I managed to wrap the whole thing without paper cuts or other wounds from scissors etc.




15th of September, Saturday night 8-9pm: Since I knew I'd be busy next morning (*overtime at work*), I also made a Ham-Broccoli quiche because it stores great over night. Then next day you just re-heat it in the oven and voilá; quick and easy brunch or dinner is served. Anyway, the quiche baked golden brown and my fingers were still safe.



16th of September, Sunday afternoon 4 pm: We took a walk in the near by woods. The sun was shining and we were all enjoying ourselves. No one got sunburned or slipped and fell off the rocks.


 





16th of September, Sunday afternoon 6 pm: This is when the injury happened. My thumb met the evil hot steam from this Apple-Oats treat that I made for us as a dessert. OUCH!!! Once again I learned that my hand is not an oven mitt.



16th of September, Sunday afternoon 6-9.30 pm: I spent the whole evening sitting with my thumb in a glass of cold water. Oh crap!!


That was my weekend. Everything went so well until I burned my thumb. It hurt so bad!! I thought I scorched my thumb really bad but thankfully I didn't. I think it helped that I soaked the burn in the cold water for a long time and I put aloevera on it before I went to bed. This morning my thumb is only slightly red and barely sore (*yey*).

Happy Monday Folks! Stay safe!

2 comments:


  1. ouch!

    i keep grating my fingers with the hand grater!

    we air signs are so much in our heads i think we are more prone to injuries because our minds are otherwise occupied :)

    i feel like edward scissor hands with all of my scars!

    hope your hand is all healed up by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skin of my thumb was peeling off the other day but it is ok now.

    Yes, I grated my finger nail other day too. Kitchen is a dangerous place!! At least for Aquarians. :)

    ReplyDelete