How's it going? I'm pretty good today. I'm wearing my sparkling silver tank top to compete with the bright sunshine that we have today. I know my top is bit over the top for a work day but I think it is ok when it is paired with more casual jeans jacket. I guess pair of sneakers would have been more casual choice as well but I really felt like wearing heels.




Anyway, I really didn't mean to write much about my today's outfit because there are far more exciting things going on. If you didn't know the Finnish Hockey League started last week, and NHL is in turmoil because of the third significant work stoppage in the past 20 years. Here's my today's hockey highlights:
1) Finnish Hockey League new season start. My favorite team KalPa is being lead by their new coach Jari Laukkanen. It is difficult to say if he is doing a good job yet because KalPa has had only 2 games so far. They lost one and won the other. Tonight they will have a third game but KalPa is already in a pickle before the game has even started because their captain Sami Kapanen fractured his hand. Sami is out of several games at least.
2) NHL work stopage. The 2012 NHL lockout / work stopage is an ongoing labour dispute that began on September 15, 2012, following the expiration of the National Hockey League's collective bargaining agreement. The owners declared a lockout of the members of the National Hockey League Players' Association after a new agreement could not be reached before their deadline.
What does this mean to us? Well, Finland and other countries might get a chance of seeing NHL hockey stars on our own leagues since NHL stars want to keep playing. For example Jussi Jokinen from Carolina Hurricanes is going to play for team Kärpät in Oulu for few games. KalPa on the other hand is interested getting Adam Hall. I say "welcome" to any NHL players who want to come to Finland. I'd love to see Teemu Selänne or Tuomo Ruutu but it all depends on how long this work stopage will last. Previous one lasted the whole season. I bet it must be really frustrating for the players not to play. But it is not easy to switch to another team for a little while either because you have to worry about hefty insurance payments etc.
3) Ryan Lannon. My blog has been getting several hits with the search words "Ryan Lannon Now". I guess people are trying to figure out what Ryan is doing currently. Last when I saw him was about a year ago when he injured his knee and was still living in Kuopio. After that I think he was travelling around the world before his knee surgery but I'm not sure. I also don't have clue if he has been signed up for any team since KalPa. Ryan, if you are out there, let us know what's going on (*wink*)
That's it for today folks! Not sure when my blog started be about ice hockey but I just like hockey so much that I have to post something little every now and then. I want to share my excitement whether it is hockey or fashion (*giggle*). Anyway, today I'm going to do kettlebell with my friend since it is such a lovely weather. Then at night I will see what hockey game is on tv. I know it is not KalPa - Jokerit but I'm sure it is still entertaining.


No comments:
Post a Comment