Hey there!
This weekend I went to a fun indoor sports festival that was hosted and paid by my employer. The festival was held at a place called Vierumäki. It is located about 120 kilometers up North from Helsinki and about 260 kilometers down South from Kuopio. There were approximately 500 people attending to the festival. It was awesome to spend time with my friends as well as to meet new ones. The weather was sunny yet windy but it didn't matter since we were indoors most of the time.
I had never been at Vierumäki before but I learned that is one of the most versatile leisure centers in Finland. They have wellness services, fitness training as well as recreational activities there. You can participate in numerous sporting activities from floorball to salsa, golf to curling, Nordic walking to even horseback riding.
Their indoor facilities consist of several ball game arenas, shooting galleries, tennis courts, gyms, a winter practice area for golf and a dance studio. Outdoor activities include numerous fitness paths and skiing tracks, an asphalted roller-skating route, two golf courses, ballgame fields and a heated artificial turf. As well as two ice rinks and a swimming hall (*that's a helluva lot of sports*).
Since I have been sick with sinus infection, I didn't do much sports this time. I just wanted to take it easy and get better completely before starting to exercise again. So, I attended to all the non-strenuous activities. I do have some pictures for you but not that many or very good ones. Like I said, I wasn't feeling my best, so I just chilled and kinda forgot to take pics.
Me in the bus on the way to Vierumäki.
Walking from our chalet to the Scandic hotel&spa for lunch.
Signing up for different activities.
First I attended to a style class by Tuija K. She spoke about dressing up effectively in business. After the class she also gave individual styling tips for volunteers.
Next some of my friends got their feet scanned for personal insoles for their shoes at the Sievi stand. I didn't need insoles for me this time because I just got a pair about a month ago at Rokua.
Between all the sports classes you could go get free protein bars and drinks. This was actually my idea that I pitched to the organizers because last time at Rokua sports retreat I felt that my blood sugar was dropping too much between lunch and dinner, especially because we were exercising. It is really important to make sure to replenish between workouts.
I was happy to see that the organizers went with my idea and handed out Protein delight- bars and sports drinks to everyone. Besides, based on the length of that queue, I think others liked my idea too.
I tried out Crispy Caramel and Caramel Banana protein bars. I didn't like the banana one as much. I think this Crispy Caramel was better.
For the next activity most of my friends went to a core exercise class. Since I was sick and I couldn't do anything that rough, I decided to try out BB gun shooting.
They had BB handguns...
...as well as BB rifles.
My best shot was seven but mainly I missed the target. I think it was because I was still bit sick and my aim was off (*giggle*).
Some people were trying out golf.
One of the sports arenas at Vierumäki.
Just walking around the arena.
My friends and I shared a little chalet that had a kitchen, sauna, living room and beds for four (as well as a sofa bed). We also had this cute balcony.
Our balcony faced the golf course.
Cute bedroom.
Little kitchen.
To cool off from hot sauna we sipped cold drinks at our balcony. It was so nice to relax before dinner time!
I tried out this refreshing grape fruit soda pop called Rio Rita.
Dinner was really tasty!
Next morning we attended to lecture by Pauli Aalto-Setälä (on the left). He is the CEO of Aller Media Finland as well as experienced journalist, speaker and radio host. Pauli is also an alumni of the Stanford Professional Publishing programme. His lecture was really good as he spoke about how feelings affect our daily relationships with family, friends and coworkers. He also gave tips for how to deal with different feelings.
Since I was feeling bit under the weather I decided to stay on the sidelines and I didn't get good pictures. I also didn't want to go take a picture with Pauli after the lecture because I might have gotten him sick too. And we don't want that because we is really charming and funny (*smile*).
That was my chill and relaxing weekend. What did you do?
























looks like fun! what did the rio rita taste like?
ReplyDeletewe opened for "my brightest diamond" on friday night (she was super cool) & i did hair for a wedding the next day - sunday had to cover up the garden - we got our first frost last night...
Rio Rita is grapefruit flavored pop that tastes crispy, tarty and very refreshing. I liked it!
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy!
I can't believe it is so cold there already. I hope your plants are ok.