Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ice Cream, Ice Skating And Ice Road

Good evening!

I have had a fun couple of days because my niece came over for the weekend. Besides shopping, watching movies, learning chemistry (*my niece has a test at school tomorrow*) and napping, we also enjoyed things with ice. Say what? Yes, there is nothing else going on in Finland at the moment but snow and ice, we might as well make the most of it. Let me explain more with some pictures...

For a special treat we had vanilla-white chocolate ice cream with raspberries and mini-marshmallows (*it's never too cold to eat ice cream*).

Time to put on your skates!




 Since Jinx couldn't go skating with us (*no dogs allowed at the rink*), we took him for a walk at the near by ice road.

After walking for a while, we rested by the shore.
 




Then something caught Jinx's eye...


Someone was walking their horse on the ice!! 

That was our cold yet fun weekend. I'll try to keep up with my good mood till tomorrow morning when I'll unlock my frozen bike and ride it to work through the snowy roads. In case I get into a sour mood, I can comfort myself with the wise words from Hal Borland...

“No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn”

2 comments:

  1. Oh it's just so pretty there! We had a day that got up to 59f the other day! I cleaned out my shed & painted it but now the contents of the shed are covered in snow because I didn't get them back in before the weather turned... This morning it's back to 19f - frozen rain & snow back... I was going to donate my hocky skates because I haven't used them in years... but you guys are making me miss skating! I may take them for another spin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather in Indiana is just crazy!!

    Skating is fun but it makes my stupid back hurt. But I'll still do it. :D

    ReplyDelete