Hi there!
Who wouldn't love to have a that million dollar Hollywood smile all the celebrities have. Pearly white teeth that are lined up so neatly that they glow in every photo (*giggle*).
Sure, I'd like to have perfect teeth and a pretty smile but the feeling of going to the dentist is always as dreadful as ever. I start to think that I don't want that smile after all. Anyway, today was the day, the most horrifying day of the year. I had to go to my annual check up (*yikes*).
I'm usually very on time for any meetings that I have. I tend to show up even earlier than needed. However, for dental appointments I'm almost running late, barely making it to the time reserved for me. I do not want to sit at the waiting area for any longer than necessary. It is just too much to sit there and think what will happen next. The evil metal instruments shoved in your mouth. The scraping. The drilling. Just bloody dreadful.
I feel sorry for the dentist and hygienist because I think I'm worse than a 5 year old. I complain, grunt, whine and jerk my whole body when I feel a slightest bit of discomfort. I try to calm myself down and breath slow and steady but it doesn't help. My whole body is tense and in knots until the whole torture is over. And the worst part, all this is just for a regular check up and cleaning. I think I'd pass out if they mention about drilling a cavity.
Thank God that my teeth are really good though. A little on a sensitive side (*no shit*) but nothing that a soft bristled toothbrush and a gentle toothpaste couldn't handle. I can breath freely again for 364 days. In the meanwhile I will test out a new Oral-B Pro Expert toothpaste that I got from my visit today. It is supposed help my darling teeth. I'll try anything that I know will keep me from going to the dentist any sooner than I have to. And yes, I do floss every night (*ok, almost every night*).
P.S. Do you remember my post few days ago when I told you about the Garnier Mineral Total Respect deodorant? I promised to let you know if it really works as good as it is said to work. No, no, no, no! It totally failed me at the dentist today. I was sweating out of fear and this damn deo didn't work. So, I was stinky, shaken and totally worn out after I walked out of the dental office. What did I tell you? The most horrifying day of the year.

No comments:
Post a Comment