Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Good Buy / Tempur Ombracio Pillow

Hello there!

I told you about my new pillow I bought couple weeks ago. Well, I have been testing it out, and it seems to be awesome! I'm talking about this oddly shaped Tempur Ombracio pillow that was a bit pricey but well worth it.


Tempur describes their material as well Ombracio pillow on their website like this:

TEMPUR is an open celled visco-elastic,pressure relieving and temperature sensitive material that molds to the exact contours of your body. Ordinary polyurethane material features irregular cell shapes that simply compress under weight. With TEMPUR, millions of open cells gently moves around the curves of your body giving you total support where you need it, with no counter pressure. When you lift your body off the TEMPUR Material it returns to its original shape.

The Ombracio Pillow supports you in your preferred sleep position. The special design helps to improve your breathing, even when sleeping on your stomach. The shape, the material and the cover of the pillow have been designed for better ventilation, comfort and simply a more restful sleep.


My opionion about Ombracio: 

It does all that described on Tempur's webpage. I have been sleeping really well lately, and I haven't woken up with a headache like I used to many times before.

At first this pillow feels like a cold brick when you lay your head on it. As soon as you start to think about  the fact how hard the pillow is, the weight and heat of your head has molded you into to the pillow very comfortably. The best part is that the pillow keeps adjusting to your head/body as you might roll or move during the night. You can also keep your arm under the pillow without it going numb (*yey*).

I like the unique butterfly shape of Ombracio. I think every single pillow should be shaped like this because you can position yourself really well on the pillow. At least it works for me because I sleep on my stomach and on my left side a lot. I can easily rest my chin on the bottom "wing" and my forehead on the upper "wing", leaving my mouth and nose in the gap between. 



As you might have wondered, you can use a regular pillowcase over this pillow. You just have to tug in the extra fabric on the sides, or otherwise you don't get the benefit of the "wings". Tempur also makes special pillow cases for Ombracio, but I was thinking that I just might customize an old pillow case myself (*DIY as often as you can, giggle*).

How to care for this special pillow then? According to Tempur, you can't wash the actual pillow but you should air it out every now and then if possible. All Tempur products are antimicrobial treated for improved freshness and they are also hypoallergenic.




I love it! I love it! 

1 comment:

  1. Can you give an update on the pillow? Still using it, still enjoying it? Thank you

    ReplyDelete