Friday, June 21, 2013

Travel The World / Shedd Aquarium

Hello!

Here's more pictures from our trip to the USA. This time they are from our road trip to marvelous Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. The John G. Shedd Aquarium is not-for-profit institution dedicated to public education and conservation. It hosts average of 2 million visitors each year.

The staff of Shedd was really kind to provide us with complimentary tickets to come and check out their six exciting exhibitions that host 32500 animals (*nearly 1,500 species from around the world!*).
In addition to their six permanent exhibitions, Shedd also has temporary Jellies exhibition that showcases adorable jellyfish. On top of all that, they have an aquatic show called New World that features talented dolphins and a sea lion.

Without further adieu... Welcome to our trip to Shedd Aquarium!

Front entrance.

Walking from parking lot to the Aquarium.

I love the Shedd Aquarium building. It is as aquatic to the smallest detail as it can possibly be! Just check out their lamps, ceilings and other decorations in the following pics.









Amazon Rising is one of the six permanent exhibitions. We went to see all exhibitions but I possibly can't post pictures from all of them because there are just too many pics. You only get to see my favorite ones.

Sting ray hugging the glass.

Scott in the midst of the Amazon.

Cute and colorful frogs.



Snake that had shed his skin.

Different sections of the Amazon Rising exhibit.


Creepy looking fish!

Scott dreams to catch a fish this big.

Brennen at Shedd Aquarium.

Turtle swimming to surface.

Red fish, blue fish, one fish, two fish.






Starfish.

Huge crab!

I love all exotic looking fish.





Pretty coral.


I love this picture!

Funny octopus was climbing up and down on the glass.



I wonder if this fish is really smart since it looks like it has huge brains (*giggle*).

Lily pads.

Jenna and I excited about our visit to Shedd.

Caribbean reef feeding time.



After watching a diver to feed the fish, we got hungry ourselves. Thank goodness Shedd Aquarium has a food court and a cafe to buy food from. We enjoyed yummy pizza and salad.

You know the food is good if your face gets this messy.

After eating we walked up a set of stairs to go see the Jellies!

Jellies was my favorite exhibition!



How cool are jellyfish?!? I want to have an aquarium of my own that is filled with Jellies.







I was so mesmerized with all the Jellies.




Next it was time for the Aquatic show. Jenna and I waiting for the show to start.


Dolphins were so quick with their tricks that I didn't get good pictures.

Same goes for the sea lion. He was fast!


After the show it was time to go check out Polar Play Zone.

Polar Play Zone is a great place for kids and playful adults to get a hands on experience with sea creatures. I got to touch real starfish!

Real starfish feel harder than I expected. I thought they would be more squishy.




Last but not least we went to see the Wild Reef exhibition. It was really cool!



Nemo - is that you?



I love sharks! They are so mysterious and scary.


We (*of course*) made sure to exit through the gift shop.

I bought myself a shark t-shirt, Shedd Aquarium magnet and sea horse xmas tree decoration.

Before leaving we snapped few pictures outside. The view of Chicago skyline from Shedd Aquarium is wonderful!






Thank you so much Shedd! We had an awesome visit! I can't wait to come back.

2 comments: