Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hiking At Koli National Park

Hello!

Our weekend was great! We went to see a dear friend in Joensuu because she celebrated her birthday earlier this week.

On Saturday my friend took us hiking at Koli National Park. It was so cool! We hiked for 3 hours around the tall hills of Koli. At some point we stopped to eat lunch and rest for a bit. All of us had so much fun. We were super tired by the time we got back to my friend's house. None of us had to wait for sleep that night. Anyway, I have really pretty pictures to share with you. Enjoy!

On our way to Joensuu Friday night.


Arriving to Koli on Saturday.

Taking a gondola up the hill.

Before going hiking, we got a map from the Nature center Ukko to check which trails to take.

Hiking time!! Gorgeous views!!

Our friend Sami and Jinx.

Here's me at Ukko-Koli. It is the highest hill in the Koli range and it rises 354 meters above sea level

Scott and I at Ukko-Koli.

Reetta and I. Happy birthday Reetta!!

Fall foliage.

Jinx had a blast!

More spectacular views.


Taking a rest for a bit.





Clouds looked really dark and heavy but we were really lucky and it didn't rain.


Climbing up a huge rock.


Our adventures took us to Koli this time.

Silly posing!

I love this picture of Jinx.

Interesting looking mushroom.

Reetta and an old tree.

Pretty colors of fall time!

Koli is known for its many hills.

We stopped to eat our picnic lunch by this cute cabin that you can rent to stay over night at Koli.

Our legs were shot after walking up and down the hills.

Scottie and crazy rocky hill on the background.

It's me!

Are we going the right way?

Cute little vine on a tree.

Moss growing on a rock.

I told you it was really pretty. Just the different colors of all the trees were amazing as well as all the lakes and islands you could see from the hills. I loved it! Thanks Reetta and Sami for taking us to Koli!! We had such a great time.

2 comments:

  1. Koli is woderful place, we visited there 31.7 on our 30:th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Koli is a nice place to hike with your loved one. <3

    ReplyDelete