Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sports Vacation At Tahko

Hello! Hello! Hello!

Good to be back! As you might have figured it out, I was out of town and had no time to blog. I was on a well deserved spring break from school and work. It was awesome to take some time off.

Scott and I went to a ski resort called Tahko for a week. It was actually a vacation paid by my employer. Couple of my friends, who work at the same place than me, were there too. Our employer has a foundation that organizes sports retreats for couples around Finland few times per year. You fill out an application for the vacation of your choice and they pick 12 lucky ones (*and their spouses*) to attend. You only need to pay for the travel expenses to get to the location. Super cool!

Since it was a sports themed vacation, we exercised a lot. We had group hikes as well as circuit training along with swimming and bowling. On our free time we watched movies, relaxed and went to sauna. We also enjoyed delicious meals through out the whole week. This is the way for an employer to keep their employees in great physical and mental health. Too bad that very many companies haven't realized this.

As always I took plenty of pictures from our vacation. I hope you like them!  

All packed and ready to go to Tahko.

 Each couple had a junior suite to stay in for the week.

Steak filled with bacon and goat cheese for dinner. Yummy!

 Raspberry sherbet for desert.

 My friends front of our hotel.

 Hiking up Tahko hill. It really wasn't that steep but it was very slippery.

 View from the top.

 My friends and I.

 Taking a rest. We didn't go skiing or snowboarding because the slopes were really icy. We hiked instead.

 Loving the sunshine!

 Restaurant and sauna at the top of the hill.

Gorgeous girls and great view.

 Sports vacations are awesome.

 Walking on a frozen lake that is on the bottom of the Tahko hill.

 Night time at Tahko.

The only way to start your day is with bacon.

Group walk in the morning. You gotta burn that bacon somehow (*wink*).

When we first got to Tahko, there were barely any snow. Then we were hit by a blizzard. Here's me wondering where did all the snow come from.

Reindeer stew and mashed potatoes for lunch.

Taking a hike up the hill after the blizzard.

 Pretty icicles.

 All smiles.

Old man's beard growing on a tree.

Taking a rest and posing at the same time. Girls are awesome at multitasking.









Snow angels.

 We had so much fun! I can't remember a time I have laughed this much before.

Jump! Jump!

 It was still snowing while we hiked.

 Making sure we didn't get lost.

This is what 24 hrs of bad weather can do. No snow vs. ton of snow.

Even though I hate winter, I still had ton of fun hiking in the snowy hills of Tahko.

Cleaning off our friends car. It seriously was a crazy blizzard.

On our free time we hit the local stores and tried on these silly hats.

Hot babes from hot sauna cooling off on a balcony.

 Delicious steak dinner.

 Time for bowling!

 I really sucked at bowling and that is why you won't see a picture of me bowling (*giggle*).

Vacations are great but it is always even greater to come back home. Especially because our bathroom is finally starting to look like a bathroom again. While we were gone, the workers got the tiling done as well as a new toilet. HOORAY!!

Pretty cool, huh? I'm really thankful that we were able to attend to this kind of sports retreat. I feel relaxed and well rested. I also got the boost needed to start working out a bit harder. Bikini season is almost here and I need to be ready (*wink*). 

Happy Sunday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment