Thursday, April 3, 2014

Weekend In The Countryside

Hello, hello!

Sorry for no posts for so long time. I meant to post these pics already on Monday but I didn't have time. But here we go. 

Last weekend my friends and I went to a cottage that was located way in the countryside of Finland. Couple of our friends had their birthdays and they rented the cottage for us. It was in the middle of now where but it was a ton of fun. We spent the whole weekend there. I hope you like my pics.

Rosa wasn't so happy when I made her go for a morning walk on Saturday.

Terrace.

Pretty birch trees.



Morning walk.



Adorable tree house.

More sunshine, please!

Sauna that looks like a barrel.

Awesome view from the cottage!

Barrel style hot tub. You had to warm up the water with actual fire burner that worked with wood.

All dressed up for the birthday party evening.





Gorgeous girls in pretty dresses.



My new dress. It fits me like a glove. 



One of the rooms in the cottage.

Words to live by.

Party entertainment included Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Kimble board game (*kinda like Trouble*).

Of course we danced too!

Just chilling outside.

Heating up the grill.

Miniature wind mill.

Grill master Juha supervising the quality of our steaks.

Open fire broiled steaks. Yummy!

Steak selfies!!



Group picture time!

You know all those movies about group of people going to a remote cottage and then an axe murderer gets them all. Be aware!

Besides delicious steaks, we also ate Vaasan new Kaurasydän bread. It was yummy! But I'll tell you more about it later on.

Birthday boys and their presents. Walking stick for the old age as well as Star Wars alarm clock.

Sunday morning we slept in.

Sunrise.

After waking up we hiked to a nearby natural spring.

We filled up bottles with the refreshing spring water.



It was so nice and sunny!

The lake was still frozen.

Boys made a hole in the ice for swimming. Brr!!

Wanna join the polar bear club?

Crazy if you ask me.

Miniature light house too!



That was our last weekend's birthday party. So much fun! I have couple other posts waiting to be made too but I have been way too busy with work, school and working out. There isn't enough hours in a day. 

Happy week everyone!!

2 comments: