Monday, June 16, 2014

Fiesta Of A Weekend!

Hello and Happy Monday!

I had a great weekend. We were dog sitting my sister's two chihuahuas in the countryside for most of the time but we also had time to go check out two restaurants in our area. We got served really good food in both places. To save time, I won't write much here. Just check out the pics and captions below.

Ready for the weekend. I still love my summer hat (*wink*).

Driving to my sister's. You bet there was rain.

Jinx was with us too.

He loves car rides.

My sister lives in the countryside, so there are fields all around her place.

Tons and tons of dandelions.







One of the chihuahuas. Ville is a bit stubborn as you may guess from this grumpy face.

He wouldn't move from the grass. I tired calling his name but he just sat there and waited for me to carry him. Eventually he moved because I wouldn't pick him up (*giggle*).

Pretty lilac. 

Lilacs smell so good!



All the dogs that we were taking care of for the weekend.

For lunch we went to a local restaurant called Syvärin helmi in Nilsiä harbor.

Scott and I both liked the restaurant because it was like a little shack you see in the movies (*or live in USA*).





Affordable and yummy burgers. Huge serving of seasoned french fries. I had to give half of mine to Jinx.

Syvärin helmi has a big terrace too and it looks really pretty. Too bad the weather was cold, so we couldn't really enjoy the outdoors.





They even had a kissing booth; or actually a boat.

Driving back to my sister's. It is in the middle of nowhere!

Huge catepillar on my sister's yard.

Pretty flower bush. Not sure what it is called.



I made a vasta from birch tree brances. All the Finns know about vastas, and I don't know how to explain it to foreigners without sounding crazy. But basically you gently beat yourself with a vasta in a sauna. The heat of the sauna softens the leaves and the natural oils caress your skin. It feels really good.

My sister has decorated their second terrace.

Team Finland sucks at soccer, so maybe Jinx can help them to qualify to World cup next time (*giggle*).









 Time to heat up the grill!

Scott was the grill master. I just prepped the food. We had pineapple, steamed cauliflower, radish and sausages.



 More fields.

Grilling under an apple tree.

 Jinx waiting for Scott to drop something.



 Jinx and Eppu chilling in the sun.

 After dinner we took a walk in the woods.

 Gorgeous pond in the middle of marsh land.



 Marsh tea.

 But first, let me take a selfie.



 On the other side of the pond.

Sunset.



 I made waffles for breakfast and served them with fresh strawberries, bananas and vanilla custard. Oh yum!

 Then I went and ambushed my sister's garden. I got myself a hefty bundle of rhubarb for my famous rhubarb-cherry pie. I need to bake that today or tomorrow.



 Jinx's new hat. He didn't like it as much as I like my summer straw hat (*wink*).





 More pretty wild flowers.



 Sunday night we went to a new Mexican restaurant's opening party in Kuopio. The restaurant is called Panza! and it rocks. Since it is a Mexican restaurant, we dressed accordingly.

 I had an extra invitation, so I took few amigos with me. It was invitation only party.



 Are you talking to me?

I found myself a beautiful chica!

 Dos senoritas.

My nephew came with us too!

Ribs, chicken, rice and beans, salads of many kind. Oh yum!

 Kisses to the cook!

 Not sure what this dessert was called but it was very good!

Panza! was full of happy people.

That was my weekend. What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment