Hello!
I've got more pictures from our mini vacation to Tahko. Today's pics are from our "shopping trip" to downtown Nilsiä which is a city where Tahko is located at. Nilsiä is not a big city but more like a little town. It has its charm though.
When ever we're in Nilsiä we like to go get coffee from this pretty cafe called Wanha postitalo which means Old Post house. It is not hard to guess that the house was used as a post office back in the day (*giggle*). Now the building is a the cutest cafe that also serves lunch. Their burgers are massive and their sweets are yummy!
Besides getting coffee and tea at the cafe, we also went to a local clothing store called Tuulis. I managed to find a beautiful party dress from there. That just proves that all good things don't come in big packages. I looked and looked for a dress from Helsinki but I didn't see anything that I liked. Then I came to a small town in Eastern Finland and find one that was perfect! Never judge a book by its cover and all the other sayings that prove that you can find things from the places where you expect the least.
After a day of roaming the downtown we headed back to the hotel and made dinner. Then we spent the evening watching Christmas movie classic like the Christmas vacation and Elf. I also baked gingerbread cookies because I was able to see the TV from the kitchen, hence the fact our hotel room was a studio (*giggle*).
I borrowed this picture from Wanha Postitalo's page because I didn't have a good one from outside.
Scott and a sign that says "I'm drinking coffee now".
My HUGE sweet bread bun and a cup of green tea.
I love sweet bread buns. I could live on just eating them alone.
Even though I said earlier that bigger isn't always better, I don't think it applies to sweet bread buns (*wink*).
Little cacti garden with buddha.
Buddha probably ate too much sweet bread to get that belly.
Old coffee cans and match boxes.
Old post office signs.
My new party dress. It looks better on that on a hanger.
Slow cooked beef with cheddar mash and peas. It was so good!
Gingerbread time!
Tiny studio and us baking and watching xmas movies at the same time.
Stay tuned, more pics yet to come!


No comments:
Post a Comment