Good Friday evening everyone!
I finally have pictures ready from our trip to Tahko which is a ski resort about an hour drive from Kuopio. I happened to win a 5 night stay at the Musti ja Mirri pet hotel there. We were delighted to be able to go to Tahko because I had my vacation planned but had no money to travel that much. Also it helped that we could take Jinx with us and we didn't have to find a dog-sitter.
Since ski season is still waiting for more snow we couldn't go snowboarding but we found other things to do instead. It was great that our room was equipped with a full kitchen and I was able to bake gingerbread cookies. It was so nice to smell all Christmas spices and bake yummy cookies that we would later enjoy with hot chocolate. I even brought couple candles to make it more cozy.
We also had a sauna that felt perfect after hiking all day. Tahko is surrounded by amazing nature and we went to explore different trails almost every day. Jinx was in heaven to run around free in the woods and we loved it too. I think my stupid sore left foot was the only one that could have skipped all the walking but I don't care. I deal with the pain because it was awesome to be out and about.
Today my pics are just from the hotel itself. I'll post more pics from our hikes etc later on. So stay tuned!
Musti ja Mirri pet hotel is more like a condominium and it has 16 apartments in two floors.
Our room was on the very left building in those Alpine looking houses.
Musti ja Mirri is Finnish and it stands for dogs and cats. Our room door had a sticker that indicated that this room has pets inside. That way people don't get alarmed if they hear barking etc, or rescue people will know to rescue pets in case of an emergency.
Funny Jinx thought that he could sleep on the actual bed since it was called a pet hotel (*laugh*). Well... that didn't happen because Musti ja mirri pet hotel provides dogs with their own dog beds.
"I guess this bed is ok"
"I think I can sleep on this bed too"
"ZZzzzzzz"
The room itself was kinda small but we were outdoors a lot and didn't need much more space.
Funny dog statue at the hotel room.
We used the little kitchen a lot and cooked most of our meals ourselves.
Tahko slopes waiting for more snow.
We were almost the only customers at Tahko at the time but it was ok. Jinx could run free because there was nobody else out there.
Our hotel had put up xmas lights already. They were pretty!
More pictures to follow later on! XOXO!










No comments:
Post a Comment